It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:03 am

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
.raptor

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by .raptor »

SquaredCircle wrote:Just wanted you to know I saw this today, but I just haven't had time to try anything. I'll try tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks for the help.

EDIT:
I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of the plugin, removed all of my skins, and loaded just the Spotify Player skin. Everything worked. I then unloaded that skin, put back my skin, and everything except album art loaded just like before. I am completely stumped.

EDIT2: I got it! The @Resources folder was missing from my skin's folder. All's fixed. Thank you for your help and ideas, .raptor.
No problem, glad you got it working ;-)
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Need some help testing this new build. The new commands are:

Code: Select all

[!CommandMeasure "SpotifyMeasure" "play"]
[!CommandMeasure "SpotifyMeasure" "pause"]
[!CommandMeasure "SpotifyMeasure" "next"]
[!CommandMeasure "SpotifyMeasure" "previous"]
[!CommandMeasure "SpotifyMeasure" "volume 100"] // value is in %, so between 0 and 100
[!CommandMeasure "SpotifyMeasure" "repeat context"] // value is either track, context or off. Context repeats current playlist/album
[!CommandMeasure "SpotifyMeasure" "shuffle true"] // value is true or false
[!CommandMeasure "SpotifyMeasure" "seek 10000"] // value is ms into song, values higher than song length skips to next track
EDIT: Just realize some basic info would probably be helpful. I'm using the new part of spotifys web api. This requires the user to log in and authorize the "app". Its still using the old local api for everything that isn't commands, as I haven't decided on which api to use for the song information. The current implementation has the advantage of being local, so it will work without internet, as long as it has a little bit once in a while to re-authenticate. The new api however exposes a lot more info, but all traffic is routed via spotifys servers.
Attachments
SpotifyPlugin_1.4.0.1.rmskin
(456.26 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
lee89tw14

Post by lee89tw14 »

.raptor wrote:I'll look into it. Do you have a few examples of songs that are currently not displaying properly?

Mini update
If you are having issues download the new version and post the error here. It should be working just fine with Spotify 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8.
Yes,here some example, i think you can find them in spotify. If not please go register a Taiwanese or Japanese Spotify account.
Kuroneko---嘘の火花
ITOWOKASHI---さいごまで
ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION---荒野を歩け
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

lee89tw14 wrote:Yes,here some example, i think you can find them in spotify. If not please go register a Taiwanese or Japanese Spotify account.
Kuroneko---嘘の火花
ITOWOKASHI---さいごまで
ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION---荒野を歩け
Try this one
SpotifyPlugin_1.4.1.1.rmskin
(455.98 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
crescens

Post by crescens »

Hi there! I just downloaded the latest Spotify Plugin, but every time I load Player.ini from the SpotifyPlayer skin, windows gives me the following error: Rainmeter desktop customization tool has stopped working. Here's a screenshot.

I am running the latest Rainmeter version, 4.0.0 r2746 32-bit (Jan 1 2017).

I've been looking all over for a solution, but the closest "fix" I get is to simply uninstall-reinstall Rainmeter and Spotify; I tried this at least 3 times to no avail. The log doesn't provide any specifics as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! :)
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

crescens wrote:Hi there! I just downloaded the latest Spotify Plugin, but every time I load Player.ini from the SpotifyPlayer skin, windows gives me the following error: Rainmeter desktop customization tool has stopped working. Here's a screenshot.

I am running the latest Rainmeter version, 4.0.0 r2746 32-bit (Jan 1 2017).

I've been looking all over for a solution, but the closest "fix" I get is to simply uninstall-reinstall Rainmeter and Spotify; I tried this at least 3 times to no avail. The log doesn't provide any specifics as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! :)
Try this skin instead.
Yorgi_North

Post by Yorgi_North »

How do you change the location the cover image saves to?
apu889

Post by apu889 »

is the albumart still working? it shows finely few days ago, but no showed at all right now :/

or is it just me?

EDIT: yeah it just my PC problem:p
cookingsum

Post by cookingsum »

Hey there!
I'm using the Material Player and tried to change the ini to get it working with Spotify.
I was only partly successful since it only shows the current Album, the Cover, the bar of the song length, the actual song lenght with numbers and how much of the song already played with numbers. (check screenshot)

I would really love to get this working tho.

Edit: Doesnt matter anymore, already got it. :D
Attachments
materialspotify.png
shoek

Post by shoek »

cookingsum wrote: Edit: Doesnt matter anymore, already got it. :D

Can you share the modified Material Player?