It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:50 am

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
osmija

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by osmija »

I'm also having issues. Have reinstalled spotify and spotifywebhelper is where it should be.

for me trackname + artist works, but albumcovers are not downloaded and i cant make visualizers work either.
IWMedia

Post by IWMedia »

Hi! Thanks for great work, but i can't get the spotify plugin to work :uhuh: Song info is not working. Cover image is not right, song and artist name is not coming and the timer of the song is not working :? Media buttons are working so that is great, but i would love to see if you can fix song info :D
Attachments
Screenshot (5).png
Song info not working :/
andraes

Post by andraes »

Been having issues with spotify plugin for about a month, finally getting around to trying to fix it...

I ran through all of the usual fixes, uninstalling and reinstalling everything, etc. Here is what my log looks like when I first load spoitfyplayer skin:

NOTE (14:50:07.979) SpotifyPlayer\Player\Player.ini: Refreshing skin
DBUG (14:50:07.980) : Reading file: C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
DBUG (14:50:07.980) SpotifyPlayer\Player\Player.ini: Reading file: C:\Users\*****\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\SpotifyPlayer\Player\Player.ini
DBUG (14:50:07.997) : SpotifyAPI started...
DBUG (14:50:13.003) : SpotifyAPI started...
DBUG (14:50:18.012) : SpotifyAPI started...

And that "API started..." keeps on repeating over and over, while nothing ever loads and I never get any values from my artist, track or progress measures.
winterwulf

Post by winterwulf »

andraes wrote:Been having issues with spotify plugin for about a month, finally getting around to trying to fix it...

I ran through all of the usual fixes, uninstalling and reinstalling everything, etc. Here is what my log looks like when I first load spoitfyplayer skin:

DBUG (14:50:07.980) : Reading file: C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
DBUG (14:50:07.980) SpotifyPlayer\Player\Player.ini: Reading file: C:\Users\*****\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\SpotifyPlayer\Player\Player.ini

And that "API started..." keeps on repeating over and over, while nothing ever loads and I never get any values from my artist, track or progress measures.
Maybe some firewall blocking?
Diehard40k

Post by Diehard40k »

Hey guys, the only fix I've found for the plugin not working the updated Spotify is to replace the "SpotifyWebHelper.exe" with an older version that does work. I rename the current one after Spotify updates to add ".bak" to the end and then put the old file back into the Spotify folder.

Link to old SpotifyWebHelper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsdatfmlmxihepg/SpotifyWebHelper.exe?dl=0
Source where I found the old file: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainmeter/comments/5247jz/nowplaying_progress_doesnt_work_in_any_skin/?st=iua16jtu&sh=e8b13b13

Raptor, you may want to put a link to this file on the front page for now, just in case. I'll leave it in my dropbox for a while though. I'll be copying from there when I need it on my various machines too.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

andraes wrote:Been having issues with spotify plugin for about a month, finally getting around to trying to fix it...

Right click the skin and press edit. Search for the DEBUG meter, its supposed to look like this:

Code: Select all

[MeasureDEBUG]
 Measure=Plugin
 Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
 Type=DEBUG
 Verbosity=0
If it doesnt, remove the ";" in front of the lines, and restart rainmeter.
Then post the console window content here.
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

So I have two questions about the plugin.

1. Is there a way to suppress the spotify is not running warning happening over and over again? Just once is enough to get the point across (The constant log spam makes debugging other things difficult) and the skin I am making there is one trigger that exists even when the user is not using spotify meters.

2. So I have a trigger that executes a snippet of code everytime the album changes in spotify, is there a way to add to this so that it also fires one time when spotify gets close (And also I would like that so that I can revert the song info to N/A if the user closes spotify)

Example from my code of how it works now.

Code: Select all

[MeasureAlbumChangedSpotifyNotifySelf]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin
Type=AlbumName
OnChangeAction=[!CommandMeasure DoReadUpdate "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure DoReadUpdate "Execute 1"]
Thanks in advance
EIS

Post by EIS »

1st time using this, how do I integrate it with the normal NXT-OS music player thing? It doesn't work (well) with Spotify, and I was hoping you all could help. Thanks!
winterwulf

Portable Spotify

Post by winterwulf »

hey .raptor,

under the risk to sound as a stupid question,
do I must have Spotify installed to use the plugin? Cause I have a "portable" spotify version that I would like to use with the skin. Installed Spotify and rainmeter still crashes

Tried to run the plugin without the spotify app installed crashs rainmeter, is that expected?

thanks

EDIT:
More info:
I just formatted my laptop so my win7 isnt with all updates yet.

3.3.2 r2609 64-bit (May 16 2016)
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (build 7601) Service Pack 1

EDIT2:
My problem is pretty similar to this one:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17077&p=115136&hilit=crash#p115136
darcilicious wrote:Hi there,

Installing this latest version crashes Rainmeter. I've tried the latest final release of Rainmeter as well as the latest beta release.

The plugins installed fine in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins

Removing Spotify.ini from the Rainmeter skins folder causes Rainmeter to start up fine; I have tried restarting Rainmeter with Spotify not running and without any "playingnow" skins loaded. In all cases, as soon as Spotify.ini is in the mix, Rainmeter crashes.

There is no log for the Spotify skin and the even with DEBUG turned on for Rainmeter logging, there are no entries before the crash to indicate the problem (the last entry is loading illustro skins which work fine when Spotify.ini isn't being loaded by Rainmeter).

What can I send you and/or try in order to get this workign? I've used previous versions of your great plugin, back in the day when it was necessary to manually install the .dll's -- would love to get this working again :)

This is running on Windows 8.1 Upate 1, 64-bit, latest nVidia graphic drivers installed.
osmija

Post by osmija »

osmija wrote:I'm also having issues. Have reinstalled spotify and spotifywebhelper is where it should be.

for me trackname + artist works, but albumcovers are not downloaded and i cant make visualizers work either.
bump

i occasionally get Invalid token:

http://i.imgur.com/yu8mZMW.png

not sure what to do with it, found some people on reddit saying this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainmeter/comments/541q39/ive_tried_everything_people_have_said_but_spotify/d84yoan/

but just visiting that link doesnt help, gives me a token, not sure what to do with it