It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:10 pm

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Gilan11

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by Gilan11 »

Hi,

Since the latest update most of the album covers are working again. But some songs still don't have their album cover show up in the Spotify widget. I'm using 360 music myself but I know that this is an issue that more widgets have.
Some albums/songs don't refresh the image that is stored here: C:\Users\your_name\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\360 music\resources\Images
An example of one of these albums is Rarities by Selah Sue. The album art is showing up correctly in Spotify self.
dollar_drinks

Post by dollar_drinks »

After the latest Spotify update, it looks like the plugin may be broken again. I am not getting album art or information to show properly. I am using v 1.3.0.0 of the plugin.

Thank you!
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

lee89tw14 wrote:Can it show Japanese? It usually show N/A or some unreadeable code
I'll look into it. Do you have a few examples of songs that are currently not displaying properly?

Mini update
If you are having issues download the new version and post the error here. It should be working just fine with Spotify 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8.
SquaredCircle

Post by SquaredCircle »

Album art doesn't seem to be working for me. 1.3.0.1 with Spotify 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8.
RealityExit

Post by RealityExit »

Album art and track information isn't working for me on the latest version, actually never has the few times I've tried.

I turned on logging and it filled with 6,410 lines of the same error in only a couple seconds.

Code: Select all

ERRO (07:15:17.524) : 
7:15:17 AM Tuesday, April 4, 2017
SpotifyPlugin version 1.3.0.1
Culture: en-US
OSVersion: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.15063.0
----
 The remote name could not be resolved: 'spotifyplugin.spotilocal.com'
----
    at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)

at SpotifyPlugin.SpotifyAPI.Gather()
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

RealityExit wrote:Album art and track information isn't working for me on the latest version, actually never has the few times I've tried.

I turned on logging and it filled with 6,410 lines of the same error in only a couple seconds.

ERRO (07:15:17.524) : 
7:15:17 AM Tuesday, April 4, 2017
OSVersion: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.15063.0
----
----

The plugin cant reach the DNS server. Try disabling your antivirus.
towergame

Post by towergame »

Hello, I made an account for this. So recently I couldn't fetch any data, nada. So I thought, I will just update to version 1.3, nothing. Then while messing around with my settings, router settings, reinstalling spotify 20 times, version 1.3.0.1 gets released, so I thought it is worth a try. It was around this time that I figured out it works on my iPhones hotspot thing, both usb and wifi. So it's a problem with my router or my computer while connected to the specific wifi. After updating to 1.3.1 I got this in the logs, not sure if helpful but whatever, Image. I am running windows 10, rainmeter version 4.0 and SpotifyPlugin 1.3.0.1. I have tried chleon player, cleartext and the one packaged with this plugin.

I do not have spotify premium

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am using spotify version 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8

Edit 2:

ERRO (20:10:48.466) : 
8:10:48 PM 04, Tuesday, April, 2017
OSVersion: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.10586.0
----
----

ERRO (20:10:59.576) : 
8:10:59 PM 04, Tuesday, April, 2017
OSVersion: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.10586.0
this is the first error before the wave of time outs in the image

Edit 3: Fixed this by modifying my DNS settings.
manaray007

Post by manaray007 »

i'm fairly new to rainmeter and especially to this plugin. but can someone help me with the volume control. i've downloaded the skins from the post but none seem to work with the volume control.
SquaredCircle

Post by SquaredCircle »

I haven't been able to get album art for a few days now. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of Rainmeter, but still nothing. I'm getting the following error in the log over and over and over:
error.PNG
Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wx_Now

Post by Wx_Now »

Good afternoon,

I am brand new to Rainmeter (about an hour ago was my first installation) and am in love with it thus far. I'm seeing that I am not the only one running into issues with the latest Spotify widget. As soon as I open up Spotify, this is what I see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.