It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:42 am

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
MinDBreaK

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by MinDBreaK »

shoek wrote:Can you share the modified Material Player?
So nothing to see with Material Player.
What solved the problem was adding the following line to the host file :

Code: Select all

#C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

127.0.0.1           spotifyplugin.spotilocal.com
Then just reboot and you should be done !
(Tested with the Monstercat Records Skin)
lee89tw14

Post by lee89tw14 »

.raptor wrote:Try this one SpotifyPlugin_1.4.1.1.rmskin
Dude, you fixed it!! :thumbup:
THANKS VERY MUCH!!!!
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

.raptor wrote:Need some help testing this new build. The new commands are:

[!CommandMeasure "SpotifyMeasure" "play"]
[!CommandMeasure "SpotifyMeasure" "pause"]
[!CommandMeasure "SpotifyMeasure" "next"]
[!CommandMeasure "SpotifyMeasure" "previous"]
[!CommandMeasure "SpotifyMeasure" "volume 100"] // value is in %, so between 0 and 100
[!CommandMeasure "SpotifyMeasure" "repeat context"] // value is either track, context or off. Context repeats current playlist/album
[!CommandMeasure "SpotifyMeasure" "shuffle true"] // value is true or false
[!CommandMeasure "SpotifyMeasure" "seek 10000"] // value is ms into song, values higher than song length skips to next track
EDIT: Just realize some basic info would probably be helpful. I'm using the new part of spotifys web api. This requires the user to log in and authorize the "app". Its still using the old local api for everything that isn't commands, as I haven't decided on which api to use for the song information. The current implementation has the advantage of being local, so it will work without internet, as long as it has a little bit once in a while to re-authenticate. The new api however exposes a lot more info, but all traffic is routed via spotifys servers.
Any chance you could commit these new builds to your github page? It would make for keeping track of these new features much easier and help with debugging. Also how do we authorize the new features?
Also if you are going to add seek support any chance you could add the SetPosition bang that NowPlaying and GPMDP use that way we dont have to make a special case for spotify?

Edit: on testing these commands every single one I tested said unknown command. The first time I ran it I got the authorization webpage, authorized it and then got a page that said Logged in?, but now I get unknown command and nothing happens. This is using plugin version 1.4.1.1

Edit2: Tried revoking it to see what was happening and it does not seem to want to reauthorize me, checked to see if you were storing anything in the rainmeter.data file but that does not seem to be the case. Noticed the log has the following error:

SpotifyPlugin version 1.4.1.1
Culture: en-US
OSVersion: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.15063.0
----
 4110 - No user logged in
----
    at SpotifyPlugin.SpotifyAPI.Gather()
Edit3: Got it to reauthorize again, you seem to be doing the authorization wait in a blocking thread as it locks up rainmeter while you are authorizing it.
xtcvv2

Post by xtcvv2 »

I just keep getting this error over and over...
rainmeter error.PNG
Ryanx0r

Post by Ryanx0r »

xtcvv2 wrote:I just keep getting this error over and over...
rainmeter error.PNG
I get the exact same error. And only since this morning. If you figure out what it is and why, I'd like to know. It's not updated my Cover picture for Spotify. Which is quite annoying as I'm running a 24/7 live stream.
I restarted Rainmeter and also Spotify, however nothing changes/helps.
Ryanx0r

Post by Ryanx0r »

Ryanx0r wrote:I get the exact same error. And only since this morning. If you figure out what it is and why, I'd like to know. It's not updated my Cover picture for Spotify. Which is quite annoying as I'm running a 24/7 live stream.
I restarted Rainmeter and also Spotify, however nothing changes/helps.
Ugh.. at first I was just getting this generic error, but since this morning it was telling me about spotifyplugin.spotilocal.com and no being able to resolve it. So, I edited the hosts file and it worked straight away (no reboot needed by the way). So, covers are fine again now.
sharktamer

Post by sharktamer »

Hopefully adding this alias to 127.0.0.1 is only a temporary fix. I'm hoping to use this plugin on a work laptop that I can't edit /etc/hosts on.
Illustration

Post by Illustration »

Hey all,

Having some issues with some Spotify related plugins. I am trying to use ClearText, SongInformation.ini from Monstercat skin (the visualizer part of Monstercat works beautifully), and the SpotifyPlayer plugin. But song info such as artist and track name refuses to go through and is stuck on N/A. Weirdly enough, when my computer starts up, everything works fine for about two minutes, and the song name freezes after that and won't work unless I restart my computer (so during those first two minutes, song names change when skipping tracks, album art changes, everything is great). Then I start getting the error in my log file

DBUG (00:48:42.734) : SpotifyAPI started...
ERRO (00:48:42.785) : 
12:48:42 AM Monday, August 21, 2017
SpotifyPlugin version 1.4.1.1
Culture: en-US
OSVersion: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.15063.0
----
 4110 - No user logged in
----
DBUG (00:48:42.801) : SpotifyAPI started...
I have edited the "127.0.0.1 spotifyplugin.spotilocal.com" line in my hosts file as instructed. I've posted a screenshot link down below of my entire hosts file in case there's something else wrong further in the file.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6mzKBjL-RoVOFYzQko1OVZaY1k/view?usp=sharing

Thank you!

-Jonathan

P.S. I'm very new at this so sorry if I've made a rookie mistake, I've scrolled through this forum multiple times and nothing has worked. :(

Edit: I saw the comments issue with my hosts file, I just tried fixing it by putting the 127.0.0.1 spotifyplugin.spotilocal.com" below without the # symbol in front of it to no avail, my updated hosts file now looks like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6mzKBjL-RoVUkJEMmdQOUFScE0/view?usp=sharing
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Changed spotilocal back to localhost. This should solve a lot of the issues from the last few updates. I will also try to update the github page, as I realize I dont have time to check in on this project often enough. Thank you for your patience :)
Attachments
SpotifyPlugin_1.4.2.0.rmskin
(526.68 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
winterwulf

Post by winterwulf »

.raptor wrote:Changed spotilocal back to localhost. This should solve a lot of the issues from the last few updates. I will also try to update the github page, as I realize I dont have time to check in on this project often enough. Thank you for your patience :)
Thank you!!