It is currently March 19th, 2024, 9:58 am

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
LeVvE

Re: Spotify Plugin Released!

Post by LeVvE »

.raptor wrote:Time for an update!

As we are all aware of, 8 days is pushing the limit of "a few days". Seems like i overestimated my own ability to get this project done quickly. There have been several new issues after my last post, that makes it pretty obvious why Spotify is not a part of the NowPlaying plugin. The methods used for retrieving information are highly subject to change from spotify's side, seeing as it is not a documented or intended feature at all. However way i go about it, it will always be one "bad" patch away from breaking.

The good news is that the 64-bit version seems good to go. I'm currently setting up my 32-bit to test that one aswell, but i don't expect any issues (like i didn't the last 3 times either, so dont get too excited about it :-( .).

Either way this goes, I'm currently making a git repository for it, so someone with more time (or skill), then me can continue on it. This does not mean that i wont be continuing development, it only means that someone with better time then me might do it in less time then i have (As this patch has taken forever).

Thanks for your continued patience, especially since I'm pushing it pretty far. :oops:

EDIT:
Cant get my 32-bit setup to work, but i assume the plugin does anyhow. Feel like I've delayed this enough by now. Both versions attached to first post. Let me know if anything goes wrong. :great:
Just registered to comment on this thread as this is the only thing missing for me in Rainmeter, a Spotify Plugin.

Anyway, I'm trying to get this to work on my own made skin and I can't get it to work, I also tried using the old SoitaSpotify.ini just to see if that works and to check if my skin is broken but that didn't work either.

I'm using the 64-bit version of Rainmeter and the plugin.

Do you have any test skin you made that worked for you that you can upload to check if it works for me?
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Can you elaborate on that? Does Rainmeter.exe stop working, or is the info showing up lacking?
If it shows no info, try right clicking on the skin and go to Rainmeter > Logging > Start logging. Then right click and chose "refresh skin". After that go to Rainmeter > Logging > Show log file, and paste its contents here.

The skin i use for testing is the one I've uploaded here.
LeVvE

Post by LeVvE »

.raptor wrote:Can you elaborate on that? Does Rainmeter.exe stop working, or is the info showing up lacking?
If it shows no info, try right clicking on the skin and go to Rainmeter > Logging > Start logging. Then right click and chose "refresh skin". After that go to Rainmeter > Logging > Show log file, and paste its contents here.

The skin i use for testing is the one I've uploaded here.
No rainmeter doesn't stop working, just all info that shows Substitute N/A for album etc just shows a 0 with SpotifyPlugin. No cover art either or the substitute I set.

ERRO (01:27:21.625) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Spotify\0.png
ERRO (01:27:22.625) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Spotify\0.png
ERRO (01:27:23.625) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Spotify\0.png
ERRO (01:27:24.625) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Spotify\0.png
ERRO (01:27:25.625) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Spotify\0.png
ERRO (01:27:26.625) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Spotify\0.png
ERRO (01:27:27.625) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Spotify\0.png
ERRO (01:27:28.625) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Spotify\0.png
ERRO (01:27:29.625) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Spotify\0.png

Thats the only info showing up but I don't have any 0.png. I don't have this issue before I swap from NowPlaying.dll to SpotifyPlugin.dll.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

LeVvE wrote: Thats the only info showing up but I don't have any 0.png. I don't have this issue before I swap from NowPlaying.dll to SpotifyPlugin.dll.
There might be some missing resources or something like that. (for instance that it doesnt correctly substitute it with "play.png"). I'll attach the entire folder to this post, try to see if that helps. When its activated you should be able to chose between two variants, "Soita and SoitaSpotify". Do note that i still recommend usage of the NowPlaying plugin wherever possible, as it is more stable then this plugin by design.
Attachments
Soita.zip
(58.28 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
LeVvE

Post by LeVvE »

.raptor wrote: There might be some missing resources or something like that. (for instance that it doesnt correctly substitute it with "play.png"). I'll attach the entire folder to this post, try to see if that helps. When its activated you should be able to chose between two variants, "Soita and SoitaSpotify". Do note that i still recommend usage of the NowPlaying plugin wherever possible, as it is more stable then this plugin by design.
I can get it to show the default.jpg (but only if its renamed cover.jpg). I get nothing in the logs.

I managed to get it to show a cover once and it saved it as cover.jpg in the appdata folder but after that it showed that one cover for every song.

Time played seems like a lost cause for me, doesn't work on my skin or the one you linked. :(
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

LeVvE wrote:I can get it to show the default.jpg (but only if its renamed cover.jpg). I get nothing in the logs.

I managed to get it to show a cover once and it saved it as cover.jpg in the appdata folder but after that it showed that one cover for every song.

Time played seems like a lost cause for me, doesn't work on my skin or the one you linked. :(
Are you running Rainmeter as admin? What OS do you have? And what language?
LeVvE

Post by LeVvE »

.raptor wrote: Are you running Rainmeter as admin? What OS do you have? And what language?
Windows 8.1 64-bit but also tried on my other PC which is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Yeah I'm running as admin.

I'm just trying to get cover art atm nothing else, everything else is using NowPlaying.dll.

When I remove cover.jpg/default.jpg (I added the them to see what happend) all I get in log is:

ERRO (00:01:03.656) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\AppData\Roaming/Rainmeter/SpotifyPlugin/cover.jpg
ERRO (00:01:04.656) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\AppData\Roaming/Rainmeter/SpotifyPlugin/cover.jpg
ERRO (00:01:05.656) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\AppData\Roaming/Rainmeter/SpotifyPlugin/cover.jpg
ERRO (00:01:06.656) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\AppData\Roaming/Rainmeter/SpotifyPlugin/cover.jpg
ERRO (00:01:07.656) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\AppData\Roaming/Rainmeter/SpotifyPlugin/cover.jpg
ERRO (00:01:08.656) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\AppData\Roaming/Rainmeter/SpotifyPlugin/cover.jpg
ERRO (00:01:09.656) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\AppData\Roaming/Rainmeter/SpotifyPlugin/cover.jpg
ERRO (00:01:10.656) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\AppData\Roaming/Rainmeter/SpotifyPlugin/cover.jpg
ERRO (00:01:11.656) Spotify\Spotify.ini: ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\LeVvE\AppData\Roaming/Rainmeter/SpotifyPlugin/cover.jpg
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

I have attached the program used for development below, does it show any info for you?

(Remember to put it in the same directory as the SpotifyPlugin.dll)
Attachments
SpotifyPluginDebugger.zip
(4.17 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
LeVvE

Post by LeVvE »

.raptor wrote:I have attached the program used for development below, does it show any info for you?

(Remember to put it in the same directory as the SpotifyPlugin.dll)
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

I'm currently working on having the plugin report to a log file itself, that should make this a lot easier (since i basically have no idea where to begin fixing this). I would appreciate if you could help me with that tomorrow, as i only have 2 pc's to test this on.

Edit:
Actually i would have the first version done in 5 min, so if you could try that now it would be great :great: