It is currently March 19th, 2024, 4:28 am

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
madness

Re: Spotify Plugin Released!

Post by madness »

i really cannot get this to work , there is no album pic at all :( someone please help

http://prntscr.com/3ljoty
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Wow... :o

I didn't know the interest in this plugin was this big. I forgot about it and only checked back here now, seeing as my programming semester is over.

I'm really sorry I forgot about you guys, but i promise within the next week, I will upload a reworked version. This should fix the issues we've been having.

(Removed all prior versions to avoid confusion)
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

Mmmmm .... I cant see anything to download.

I suppose the author deleted the attachment.

Will be downloadable again?

Thanks for your work.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

dogdayfear wrote:Mmmmm .... I cant see anything to download.

I suppose the author deleted the attachment.

Will be downloadable again?

Thanks for your work.
I deleted the attachments to avoid further confusion and misunderstandings about the plugin. The last version i uploaded here was supposed to be "fixed", but it was only a temporary fix from my part. Writing the plugin over again took more time then estimated, because i want to deliver a plugin that works for everyone. (And spotify changing its data format didn't exactly make the job easier :x ).

I don't expect any more major problems, but i will need at least a few days to clean up the code. I hope this hasn't discouraged you guys, and hope you will become happy users of the plugin. :rosegift:
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

.raptor wrote: I deleted the attachments to avoid further confusion and misunderstandings about the plugin. The last version i uploaded here was supposed to be "fixed", but it was only a temporary fix from my part. Writing the plugin over again took more time then estimated, because i want to deliver a plugin that works for everyone. (And spotify changing its data format didn't exactly make the job easier :x ).

I don't expect any more major problems, but i will need at least a few days to clean up the code. I hope this hasn't discouraged you guys, and hope you will become happy users of the plugin. :rosegift:
Ok, .raptor :welcome:

I will stay tunned to the post. And thanks again for your work.
Minimized

Post by Minimized »

.raptor wrote:Wow... :o

I didn't know the interest in this plugin was this big. I forgot about it and only checked back here now, seeing as my programming semester is over.

I'm really sorry I forgot about you guys, but i promise within the next week, I will upload a reworked version. This should fix the issues we've been having.

(Removed all prior versions to avoid confusion)
Awesome! Really looking forward to it.
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

.raptor wrote:I don't expect any more major problems, but i will need at least a few days to clean up the code. I hope this hasn't discouraged you guys, and hope you will become happy users of the plugin. :rosegift:
Most people won't mind the delays, it's just nice to keep people up-to-date on the progress when it takes longer than you originally said it would. Otherwise people may start feeling like your slacking off or abandoning the plugin ;-) :p

Btw, if you ever do decide to stop working on the plugin, please, please, PLEASE post the source code so others can continue what you started.
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

It looks like this wont continue.
.raptor

Spotify Plugin Released!

Post by .raptor »

Time for an update!

As we are all aware of, 8 days is pushing the limit of "a few days". Seems like i overestimated my own ability to get this project done quickly. There have been several new issues after my last post, that makes it pretty obvious why Spotify is not a part of the NowPlaying plugin. The methods used for retrieving information are highly subject to change from spotify's side, seeing as it is not a documented or intended feature at all. However way i go about it, it will always be one "bad" patch away from breaking.

The good news is that the 64-bit version seems good to go. I'm currently setting up my 32-bit to test that one aswell, but i don't expect any issues (like i didn't the last 3 times either, so dont get too excited about it :-( .).

Either way this goes, I'm currently making a git repository for it, so someone with more time (or skill), then me can continue on it. This does not mean that i wont be continuing development, it only means that someone with better time then me might do it in less time then i have (As this patch has taken forever).

Thanks for your continued patience, especially since I'm pushing it pretty far. :oops:

EDIT:
Cant get my 32-bit setup to work, but i assume the plugin does anyhow. Feel like I've delayed this enough by now. Both versions attached to first post. Let me know if anything goes wrong. :great:
dogdayfear

Post by dogdayfear »

Yeah!

I wil try it as soon as I go home and let you know. Thanks for your effors.