It is currently March 19th, 2024, 2:05 pm

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Narisha

Re: Spotify Plugin Released!

Post by Narisha »

.raptor wrote: Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. :)

When i try the 32 bit version on my laptop now, i cant get it to work at all. I will release a new version as soon as i can. :oops:
Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I will be sure to test the new version when it is released.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

New working version will be out soon. Had to rewrite the entire thing since I'm home for Christmas, and had more then a few bumps along the way, but i think its smooth sailing from here. :great:
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

New version released.

Fixes:
  • Fixed weird string values.
  • Fixed album art flickering.
  • 32-bit version fixed.
Narisha

Post by Narisha »

Did you test the 32-bit version? If so, what version of Rainmeter do you have installed? I'm asking because Rainmeter is still crashing for me when trying to use the plugin.

My Setup hasn't changed since last time (newest version of Rainmeter (3.1 Beta Release (r2187)) on Windows 7 Home Edition x86 (32-bit) along with the newest Version of Spotify).
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Narisha wrote:Did you test the 32-bit version? If so, what version of Rainmeter do you have installed? I'm asking because Rainmeter is still crashing for me when trying to use the plugin.

My Setup hasn't changed since last time (newest version of Rainmeter (3.1 Beta Release (r2187)) on Windows 7 Home Edition x86 (32-bit) along with the newest Version of Spotify).
To be honest I only tried it on a 32-bit, with almost the exact same specs as you have. Had to rewrite the entire thing, as i currently only got access to my laptop. It works just fine here as long as Spotify is running. Does it work for you when Spotify is open? Cause if it doesn't I'm kinda shooting in the dark here. Also, do you have spotify in private/offline? Offline should work but private doesnt work. As far as i know, you can go to preferences in spotify and just tick off the privacy options for the same effect.

I will fix the crashing as soon as i get around to it, but i cant promise anything before Christmas. Hope this solves your problems.

Merry Christmas :rosegift:
Narisha

Post by Narisha »

As far as I know, my Spotify is not set to private, I will have a look to be absolutely sure. Will try to install the plugin while Spotify is already running and see how that goes. Thanks for your help and your hard work again. And please, take your time, enjoy your christmas holidays. I'm not in a hurry to get this working, all is well ;-)
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Narisha wrote:As far as I know, my Spotify is not set to private, I will have a look to be absolutely sure. Will try to install the plugin while Spotify is already running and see how that goes. Thanks for your help and your hard work again. And please, take your time, enjoy your christmas holidays. I'm not in a hurry to get this working, all is well ;-)
I have made a new version that at least does not crash like the last one. I would very much love to hear if it works out fine. :)

(And sorry for the delay, starting my studies was harder then expected :P )
Last edited by .raptor on June 2nd, 2014, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darcilicious

Post by darcilicious »

Sorry to say that I can't get the (latest) .dll to work in Windows 8.1 64-bit with Rainmeter v3.1.0 beta r2282 64-bit (Feb 23 2014) and your Soita.ini file. It completely crashes Rainmeter :(

If there's any additional info I can provide or if you have another dll you'd like me to test, just let me know!
daver914

Post by daver914 »

I'm having trouble with the 64-bit version. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Here's the crash dump from Windows, in case it's any help:

Code: Select all

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:	rainmeter.exe
  Problem Signature 02:	3.1.0.2282
  Problem Signature 03:	530a3a88
  Problem Signature 04:	System
  Problem Signature 05:	4.0.30319.18408
  Problem Signature 06:	52311185
  Problem Signature 07:	21b0
  Problem Signature 08:	61
  Problem Signature 09:	System.Net.WebException
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	a626
  Additional Information 2:	a6261fd29338f38dec458a42939302fa
  Additional Information 3:	83da
  Additional Information 4:	83dafd0cfd5324b8d9833018135a607f
Thanks for working on the plugin!
ShadowCreep

Post by ShadowCreep »

I have to concur, atm using the plugins don't really work for me.

Using the 32bit one (on a 64bit install) doesn't work, for you know, obvious reasons, but that aside, it's what I tried after trying the 64bit one, which makes the whole of rainmeter crash everytimes I try using it. So I'm not sure if it's something to do with latest spotify/windows updates or not.

I do hope you can get this working though, concidering it sounds like a really good plugin.