It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:09 pm

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
lozneo

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by lozneo »

Hello. I have started using Spotify and the skin La Compagnie des Ombres - Music. Since I am trialing Spotify I saw a suggestion to download your plugin for the skin. A few issues have since occurred. The album art does not show, and the artist and song title are displaying as the song length. I have no idea why - I changed all the recommended code to get it to display but I'm having no luck. Perhaps you could suggest something? I'm using Windows 10 and the Spotify desktop app. Currently I have a free trial of Spotify Premium. Rainmeter version is 4.0.0 r2746 64-bit. Also the Rainmeter log is spitting out errors saying it can't access the image for the album art at 03:31.png. Attached images of errors.

Any help would be appreciated. :)
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

SquaredCircle wrote:I haven't been able to get album art for a few days now. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of Rainmeter, but still nothing. I'm getting the following error in the log over and over and over:

error.PNG

Thoughts?
You have an empty spotify measure somewhere in the skin. Not sure what you are trying to do with the formula, but I could probably be more helpful if you post the skin here.
Wx_Now wrote:Good afternoon,

I am brand new to Rainmeter (about an hour ago was my first installation) and am in love with it thus far. I'm seeing that I am not the only one running into issues with the latest Spotify widget. As soon as I open up Spotify, this is what I see.
Right click the skin > rainmeter > about. See if there are any errors being posted.
lozneo wrote:Hello. I have started using Spotify and the skin La Compagnie des Ombres - Music. Since I am trialing Spotify I saw a suggestion to download your plugin for the skin. A few issues have since occurred. The album art does not show, and the artist and song title are displaying as the song length. I have no idea why - I changed all the recommended code to get it to display but I'm having no luck. Perhaps you could suggest something? I'm using Windows 10 and the Spotify desktop app. Currently I have a free trial of Spotify Premium. Rainmeter version is 4.0.0 r2746 64-bit. Also the Rainmeter log is spitting out errors saying it can't access the image for the album art at 03:31.png. Attached images of errors.

Any help would be appreciated. :)
Take a look at the documentation if you are unsure about editing skins. To me it looks like either all your measures are Type=length, or all your meters are referencing your "length" measure.
SquaredCircle

Post by SquaredCircle »

.raptor wrote:You have an empty spotify measure somewhere in the skin. Not sure what you are trying to do with the formula, but I could probably be more helpful if you post the skin here.
It's a heavily modified skin from http://poiru.deviantart.com/art/Soita-for-Rainmeter-209864541, but here's the code I'm using. I haven't edited the code in quite some time, so I really have no idea why this would have happened. Everything shows up but the album art. The album art isn't even showing up with your Spotify player, which leads me to think that perhaps I accidentally deleted an important file? I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of Rainmeter and the Spotify Plugin, but I'm still stuck.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Author=poiru
Update=1000

[Metadata]
Name=Soita
Description=Displays track information from various media players.
Version=1.0.1
License=Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0

[MeterOne]
Meter=image
ImageName=spotifyswitch.png
Padding=5,5,5,5
X=157
Y=-5
W=13
H=13
AntiAlias=1
Text=Skin 1
LeftMouseUpAction=["C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !LoadLayout "iTunes"]
;LeftMouseUpAction=[!ActivateConfig "iTunes Now Playing"]

[mPlayer]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=TrackName
UpdateDividier=100
;Measure=Plugin
;Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
;PlayerName=Spotify
;PlayerType=TITLE
;Substitute="":"N\A"

[mArtist]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=ArtistName
UpdateDividier=100
;Measure=Plugin
;Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
;PlayerName=[mPlayer]
;PlayerType=ARTIST

[mAlbum]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=AlbumName

[mCover]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=AlbumArt

[mPosition]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=Position

[mDuration]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=Length

[mProgress]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=Progress

[MeterBackground]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=255, 255, 255, 40
x=0
y=15
W=175
H=77

[SpotifyLogo]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=spotify.png
ImageAlpha=100
x=7
y=30
H=48
W=48

[Cover]
Meter=IMAGE
MeasureName=mCover
X=7
Y=30
W=48
H=48
SolidColor=FFFFFF00

[Track]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=mPlayer
X=59
Y=26
W=116
;W=260
H=16
FontFace=Calibri
FontColor=FFFFFFFF
FontSize=8
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=1
Text="%1"

[Artist]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=mArtist
X=59
Y=14r
W=116
;W=260
H=16
FontFace=Calibri
FontColor=FFFFFFFF
FontSize=8
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=1
Text="%1"

[Album]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=mAlbum
X=59
Y=15r
W=105
;W=260
H=16
FontFace=Calibri
FontColor=FFFFFFFF
FontSize=8
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=1
Text="%1"

[Time]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=mPosition
MeasureName2=mDuration
X=59
Y=15r
W=116
;W=260
H=16
FontFace=Calibri
FontColor=FFFFFFFF
FontSize=7
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=0
Text="%1 | %2"

[ProgressBar]
Meter=BAR
MeasureName=mProgress
X=118
Y=75
W=49
H=2
BarColor=1ED760
;BarColor=89B620
SolidColor=FFFFFF40
BarOrientation=HORIZONTAL

;This meter displays Now Playing text.
[NowPlaying]
Meter=image
ImageName=nowplaying.png
x=0
y=1
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

SquaredCircle wrote:It's a heavily modified skin from http://poiru.deviantart.com/art/Soita-for-Rainmeter-209864541, but here's the code I'm using. I haven't edited the code in quite some time, so I really have no idea why this would have happened. Everything shows up but the album art. The album art isn't even showing up with your Spotify player, which leads me to think that perhaps I accidentally deleted an important file? I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of Rainmeter and the Spotify Plugin, but I'm still stuck.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Author=poiru
Update=1000

[Metadata]
Name=Soita
Description=Displays track information from various media players.
Version=1.0.1
License=Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0

[MeterOne]
Meter=image
ImageName=spotifyswitch.png
Padding=5,5,5,5
X=157
Y=-5
W=13
H=13
AntiAlias=1
Text=Skin 1
LeftMouseUpAction=["C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !LoadLayout "iTunes"]
;LeftMouseUpAction=[!ActivateConfig "iTunes Now Playing"]

[mPlayer]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=TrackName
UpdateDividier=100
;Measure=Plugin
;Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
;PlayerName=Spotify
;PlayerType=TITLE

[mArtist]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=ArtistName
UpdateDividier=100
;Measure=Plugin
;Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
;PlayerName=[mPlayer]
;PlayerType=ARTIST

[mAlbum]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=AlbumName

[mCover]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=AlbumArt

[mPosition]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=Position

[mDuration]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=Length

[mProgress]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=Progress

[MeterBackground]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=255, 255, 255, 40
x=0
y=15
W=175
H=77

[SpotifyLogo]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=spotify.png
ImageAlpha=100
x=7
y=30
H=48
W=48

[Cover]
Meter=IMAGE
MeasureName=mCover
X=7
Y=30
W=48
H=48
SolidColor=FFFFFF00

[Track]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=mPlayer
X=59
Y=26
W=116
;W=260
H=16
FontFace=Calibri
FontColor=FFFFFFFF
FontSize=8
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=1
Text="%1"

[Artist]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=mArtist
X=59
Y=14r
W=116
;W=260
H=16
FontFace=Calibri
FontColor=FFFFFFFF
FontSize=8
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=1
Text="%1"

[Album]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=mAlbum
X=59
Y=15r
W=105
;W=260
H=16
FontFace=Calibri
FontColor=FFFFFFFF
FontSize=8
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=1
Text="%1"

[Time]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=mPosition
MeasureName2=mDuration
X=59
Y=15r
W=116
;W=260
H=16
FontFace=Calibri
FontColor=FFFFFFFF
FontSize=7
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=0
Text="%1 | %2"

[ProgressBar]
Meter=BAR
MeasureName=mProgress
X=118
Y=75
W=49
H=2
BarColor=1ED760
;BarColor=89B620
SolidColor=FFFFFF40
BarOrientation=HORIZONTAL

;This meter displays Now Playing text.
[NowPlaying]
Meter=image
ImageName=nowplaying.png
x=0
y=1

Looks fine to me, are you sure you dont have some other skin loaded? The plugin really doesn't handle multiple skins well (at least the cover doesn't).
SquaredCircle

Post by SquaredCircle »

.raptor wrote:Looks fine to me, are you sure you dont have some other skin loaded? The plugin really doesn't handle multiple skins well (at least the cover doesn't).
Thanks for taking a look. I do actually have a second skin loaded, but just like the one I posted, I haven't changed anything in probably close to a year. Having those two skins running simultaneously has never been an issue.

Just to make sure I'm not missing anything, I should only have SpotifyPlugin.dll in the C:\Users\(username here)\Documents\Rainmeter\SpotifyPlugin folder, correct? Are there any files in any other folder I should be looking for?

EDIT: I should also mention when I exit Rainmeter, delete the above folder containing the plugin, redownload the plugin, and go to reinstall it, the checkbox next to "SpotifyPlugin.dll" is not automatically checked even though I would assume it should be since there are no instances (it says that versions are the same). That's making me think it's maybe looking elsewhere for another copy of the plugin that I cannot seem to find. I don't know. Grasping at straws here.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

SquaredCircle wrote:Thanks for taking a look. I do actually have a second skin loaded, but just like the one I posted, I haven't changed anything in probably close to a year. Having those two skins running simultaneously has never been an issue.

Just to make sure I'm not missing anything, I should only have SpotifyPlugin.dll in the C:\Users\(username here)\Documents\Rainmeter\SpotifyPlugin folder, correct? Are there any files in any other folder I should be looking for?

EDIT: I should also mention when I exit Rainmeter, delete the above folder containing the plugin, redownload the plugin, and go to reinstall it, the checkbox next to "SpotifyPlugin.dll" is not automatically checked even though I would assume it should be since there are no instances (it says that versions are the same). That's making me think it's maybe looking elsewhere for another copy of the plugin that I cannot seem to find. I don't know. Grasping at straws here.
I'm running rainmeter as portable at the moment so i cant double check this, but im pretty sure it should be in %appdata%\Rainmeter\Plugins\. You could also make sure that there isn't a copy in the program files/Rainmeter/Plugins directory, as only built in plugins are supposed to be in that folder.

EDIT: You can also try disabling all skins and loading the one included in the plugin download, so we can rule out incorrect skin configuration.
HeyItsTJ4

Post by HeyItsTJ4 »

Do you have the latest SpotifyPlugin.dll v1.3.0.0, also as stated you should have only one MediaPlayer. I was having the same issue. I had another MediaPlayer loaded and it was hidden so it was pulling the album art for one and replacing it with the monstercat logo with the other so neither skin would load the album art.
stewartthemouse

Post by stewartthemouse »

You probably already saw, but spotify released an official api for Spotify Connect, which lets you access the current song: https://developer.spotify.com/news-stories/2017/04/10/new-endpoints-beta-web-api-connect

not sure if it would be better/worse than your current implementation. the only real advantage I see is being able to get all the artists for the current song, which would be kind of nice. Anyways, keep up the great work :thumbup:
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

stewartthemouse wrote:You probably already saw, but spotify released an official api for Spotify Connect, which lets you access the current song: https://developer.spotify.com/news-stories/2017/04/10/new-endpoints-beta-web-api-connect

not sure if it would be better/worse than your current implementation. the only real advantage I see is being able to get all the artists for the current song, which would be kind of nice. Anyways, keep up the great work :thumbup:
Well, we have been asking for this for a few years so i guess i cant be disappointed about it now, but this would have saved literally weeks of my life :x. The seeking and volume control has been requested so much, and it seems to be available with this solution. I'll need a little time to rewrite the plugin, but this should make it quite a lot better. Actually i wont promise anything until I'm sure this is a better approach. I really don't like that fact that this would make the traffic go to Spotify servers, instead of the local client. Will post about my decision in the next few days.
SquaredCircle

Post by SquaredCircle »

.raptor wrote:I'm running rainmeter as portable at the moment so i cant double check this, but im pretty sure it should be in %appdata%\Rainmeter\Plugins\. You could also make sure that there isn't a copy in the program files/Rainmeter/Plugins directory, as only built in plugins are supposed to be in that folder.

EDIT: You can also try disabling all skins and loading the one included in the plugin download, so we can rule out incorrect skin configuration.
Just wanted you to know I saw this today, but I just haven't had time to try anything. I'll try tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks for the help.

EDIT:
I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of the plugin, removed all of my skins, and loaded just the Spotify Player skin. Everything worked. I then unloaded that skin, put back my skin, and everything except album art loaded just like before. I am completely stumped.

EDIT2: I got it! The @Resources folder was missing from my skin's folder. All's fixed. Thank you for your help and ideas, .raptor.