It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:20 pm

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
awdaqawda

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by awdaqawda »

Hello, I have done everything that you typed in the post where the SoitaSpotify.ini file was attached as a zip file but it doesn't work for me. Why is that? I'm currently running a windows 10 MSI GL62M 7RD laptop. I tried restarting my laptop but that didn't fix it.
itsbytim

Post by itsbytim »

Hello,
First off, thanks for the work on Spotify integration!
Can anyone point me to instructions on what to do with the files from GitHub in order to install them?
Since this plugin is apparently no longer bundled into an rmskin file, I really have no idea what to do with the files that are hosted there on GitHub! Maybe this info should be posted on GitHub or in the OP for this thread?

Thanks!
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

itsbytim wrote:Hello,
First off, thanks for the work on Spotify integration!
Can anyone point me to instructions on what to do with the files from GitHub in order to install them?
Since this plugin is apparently no longer bundled into an rmskin file, I really have no idea what to do with the files that are hosted there on GitHub! Maybe this info should be posted on GitHub or in the OP for this thread?

Thanks!
The rmskin is in the releases section: https://github.com/RobertFrydenlund/SpotifyPlugin/releases/latest
AABoyz

Post by AABoyz »

Hi and thank you for the obvious hard work, tons of great comments but I don't get it, I downloaded

Code: Select all

[Center]https://github.com/RobertFrydenlund/SpotifyPlugin/releases/download/v2.1.5/SpotifyPlugin_2.1.5.rmskin[/Center]
and it did install:
SpotifyPlugin.dll
in
C:\Users\XXXXXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins
I opened the Rainmeter Manage window and
DeleteMe.ini
is in the
DeleteMe
folder, however, it says ...
The skin "DeleteMe\DeleteMe\DeleteMe.ini" does not contain any meters and will be deactivated.
The file may be damaged or it may not be a valid skin.
where did I go wrong? It's gotta be on my end since it works great for everyone else, I think myself infallible, however, history and well-documented facts prove that I am in no way the brainiest person in the world and completely if not subject to an insanely unmentionable amount of errors.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

AABoyz wrote:Hi and thank you for the obvious hard work, tons of great comments but I don't get it, I downloaded and it did install:
where did I go wrong?
That package only contains the 32/64 bit plugin. It will install the proper plugin, bit-wise, in the proper location when you open it with the skin installer, but it also installs a BLANK skin (it is not a valid Rainmeter skin). It is there so the skin installer can open the package to install just the plugin.

The 'DeleteMe.ini' is an empty file; nothing is in it. The name tells you what you need to do with that part of the package; just delete it.

Now go to DeviantArt and search for a Spotify skin you like, download and install that package.

Now you should have a working Spotify plugin and skin. :)

Have fun! :17drums
rahulinho

Post by rahulinho »

Hi, I'm coming back to using the Spotify Plugin after a couple of months.

The album art seems to be strangely interacting with the Chameleon plugin; I can't get colours from the album art as there is no file generated by the plugin. I have a resources subfolder in the skin folder, but the "cover" image in it doesn't change, whereas the skin shows the correct image. The "default" image is also not used, as the skin shows an empty space.

When I have the Chameleon plugin enabled, the Rainmeter app crashes, and to have any success using it I have had to comment out the Chameleon measures.

Please help!
Thanks in advance
Vetsus

Post by Vetsus »

it appears this is now broken again.. worked yesterday but now the plugin quit pulling information from spotify.
fizik

Post by fizik »

Vetsus wrote:it appears this is now broken again.. worked yesterday but now the plugin quit pulling information from spotify.
Confirmed not working on 1.0.85.257.g0f8531bd

No information is retrieved

Two pieces of information appear in the log:

Everytime Rainmeter is starting..

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
SpotifyPlugin.Parent.Play()
SpotifyPlugin.Measure.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<ExecuteBang>b__0()

And when you click on the controls

Error 403: Command failed: Not paused
rahulinho

Post by rahulinho »

fizik wrote:Confirmed not working on 1.0.85.257.g0f8531bd

Error 403: Command failed: Not paused
Can confirm this is the case. The next/previous controls work fine though.

Spotify version: 1.0.85.259.g4ab01679
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Just looks like the Album, Artist, track info is not working