It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:17 pm

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
shoek

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by shoek »

Is anyone else seeing high CPU usage with the latest SpotifyPlugin (1.9.3)?
I also use the latest beta of Rainmeter (4.2)

I went back to SpotifyPlugin 1.3.0.1 and the CPU usage is normal.

Using latest, my Rainmeter CPU usage is about 8% with only the SpotifyPlugin skin open
If that skin is not open, and I have my normal 6-7 other skins open, Rainmeter CPU usage is 0-1%

\
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Today's update has seemed to killed the skins I had made. Not sure if an update will be needed to the plugin :17angry
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
fizik

Post by fizik »

CyberTheWorm wrote:Today's update has seemed to killed the skins I had made. Not sure if an update will be needed to the plugin :17angry
Same goes for my skin (http://fav.me/d9to0x5), but with latest plugin it works fine with Spotify 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc.

Other question: how do people allow access to the plugin within their Spotify account? I managed to allow the plugin but I do not remember how.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

fizik wrote:Same goes for my skin (http://fav.me/d9to0x5), but with latest plugin it works fine with Spotify 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc.

Other question: how do people allow access to the plugin within their Spotify account? I managed to allow the plugin but I do not remember how.
Latest version is 1.9.3.0, and that skin has the same issue Album art , Artist, Position are fine. Controls don't work
Deviant Art Page
fizik

Post by fizik »

CyberTheWorm wrote:Latest version is 1.9.3.0, and that skin has the same issue Album art , Artist, Position are fine. Controls don't work
That is really weird. Until this morning the controls worked! Now they don't - they stopped working.

Spotify hasn't updated, version is 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

fizik wrote:That is really weird. Until this morning the controls worked! Now they don't - they stopped working.

Spotify hasn't updated, version is 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc.
Sorry I was thinking it was the plugin version, you are right same Spotify version for me
Deviant Art Page
mincus

Post by mincus »

I have the same issue using monstercat.
Multiple restarts - newest rainmeter - re installation of rainmeter and monstercat....

still the same issue...

Album Cover works
Song Info works
Controls won't work at all

Rainmeter 4.2.0 r3029
Spoitfy 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc
Plugin 1.9.3.0
monstercat 1.8.1

greetings M.
redsaph

Post by redsaph »

mincus wrote:I have the same issue using monstercat.
Multiple restarts - newest rainmeter - re installation of rainmeter and monstercat....

still the same issue...

Album Cover works
Song Info works
Controls won't work at all

Rainmeter 4.2.0 r3029
Spoitfy 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc
Plugin 1.9.3.0
monstercat 1.8.1

greetings M.
I have the same issue as well as the same Spotify version and plugin. Add the fact that the progress measure isn't returning the values well for the bar meters... it's been pretty buggy.
Rainmeter-er since 2013 :welcome: | My DeviantART
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

redsaph wrote:I have the same issue as well as the same Spotify version and plugin. Add the fact that the progress measure isn't returning the values well for the bar meters... it's been pretty buggy.
Alright let me clear the air on what has happened here as actually this is a Rainmeter issue caused by an oversight by the Spotify team and not a SpotifyPlugin issue. As of Spotify version 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc Spotify changed its rendering system a good bit. While it is still chromium based it is using a newer version. Upon doing so they forgot to change the default class name for the window so the window is named "Chrome_WidgetWin_0".

So why does this matter, well most people do not use the spotify plugin to control spotify because
  • 1. It is undocumented and no one knows it exists unless they have looked at the source code for the plugin
    2. It only works for Spotify premium users (f--- Spotify for this btw)
    3. It will control other devices as well (Which is actually kinda cool)
So this means that they are using the NowPlaying plugin built into Rainmeter which relies on finding the Spotify window and sending the function key commands to it and pulling basic data from the window. It does this by looking for a window with the class name "SpotifyMainWindow", which no longer exists. The only way to find it now is to find "Chrome_WidgetWin_0" which is a default name and there is going to be a lot of them that exist on your system and there is no easy way to tell which belongs to Spotify.

So for the time being sit tight and I will wait to see what happens with this and if need be will try to find some way around it. I never got around to opening an issue on the Rainmeter github but the first one I saw and the one that has the most information right now is the one on the MonstercatVisualizer github: https://github.com/MarcoPixel/Monstercat-Visualizer/issues/144

Edit: I have also now submitted a new issue report with Spotify if you want you can kudos is to try to get their attention about this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Windows-Desktop-app-now-uses-default-chrome-class-name/idi-p/4409722
rahulinho

Post by rahulinho »

redsaph wrote:I have the same issue as well as the same Spotify version and plugin. Add the fact that the progress measure isn't returning the values well for the bar meters... it's been pretty buggy.
I have the same problem, i.e. the controls don't work. However, in my Spotify skin, there are no other notable issues. Progress bar works fine, along with the bang to open player, which I assume doesn't use the class window thing?