It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:53 am

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
flip

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by flip »

I still have freezing issues. Still not sure if it is the plugin or webhelper :(
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

flip wrote:I still have freezing issues. Still not sure if it is the plugin or webhelper :(
There should be a Log.txt in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Rainmeter\SpotifyPlugin\. Would you mind posting it?
emieldeswart

Post by emieldeswart »

.raptor wrote: 32 or 64 bit?
64 bit
darcilicious

Post by darcilicious »

Hi there,

Installing this latest version crashes Rainmeter. I've tried the latest final release of Rainmeter as well as the latest beta release.

The plugins installed fine in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins

Removing Spotify.ini from the Rainmeter skins folder causes Rainmeter to start up fine; I have tried restarting Rainmeter with Spotify not running and without any "playingnow" skins loaded. In all cases, as soon as Spotify.ini is in the mix, Rainmeter crashes.

There is no log for the Spotify skin and the even with DEBUG turned on for Rainmeter logging, there are no entries before the crash to indicate the problem (the last entry is loading illustro skins which work fine when Spotify.ini isn't being loaded by Rainmeter).

What can I send you and/or try in order to get this workign? I've used previous versions of your great plugin, back in the day when it was necessary to manually install the .dll's -- would love to get this working again :)

This is running on Windows 8.1 Upate 1, 64-bit, latest nVidia graphic drivers installed.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

darcilicious wrote:Hi there,

Installing this latest version crashes Rainmeter. I've tried the latest final release of Rainmeter as well as the latest beta release.

The plugins installed fine in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins

Removing Spotify.ini from the Rainmeter skins folder causes Rainmeter to start up fine; I have tried restarting Rainmeter with Spotify not running and without any "playingnow" skins loaded. In all cases, as soon as Spotify.ini is in the mix, Rainmeter crashes.

There is no log for the Spotify skin and the even with DEBUG turned on for Rainmeter logging, there are no entries before the crash to indicate the problem (the last entry is loading illustro skins which work fine when Spotify.ini isn't being loaded by Rainmeter).

What can I send you and/or try in order to get this workign? I've used previous versions of your great plugin, back in the day when it was necessary to manually install the .dll's -- would love to get this working again :)

This is running on Windows 8.1 Upate 1, 64-bit, latest nVidia graphic drivers installed.
Mind posting the Spotify.ini here? Would also like to make sure the .dll in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins is actually version 1.2.1.0 (properties -> details).
EDIT: You can also try installing the dll below manually.
flip

Post by flip »

Here is my log. Looks like it has some helpful infos :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

flip wrote:Here is my log. Looks like it has some helpful infos :D
Not helpful enough for me I'm afraid, so lets try this one aswell :P
The file is named ChrashDump.txt this time.
flip

Post by flip »

Stack trace acquired. As a note, the current .dll seems to be updating much more often than before, albeit still only a single update (i.e. it doesn't keep up with the song progress) and is still delayed.

Edit: Not sure if you plan to keep the log/crash report as a feature, or if that is temporary just for debugging things, but I would note that having the issues I am having has created a 100mb text file in the span of a few hours, so if you do plan to keep the feature there it would be nice if it cleaned itself up somehow :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

flip wrote:Stack trace acquired. As a note, the current .dll seems to be updating much more often than before, albeit still only a single update (i.e. it doesn't keep up with the song progress) and is still delayed.

Edit: Not sure if you plan to keep the log/crash report as a feature, or if that is temporary just for debugging things, but I would note that having the issues I am having has created a 100mb text file in the span of a few hours, so if you do plan to keep the feature there it would be nice if it cleaned itself up somehow :)
Mind running this executeable and uploading the test.txt that will appear in the folder you launch it from?
flip

Post by flip »

.raptor wrote:Mind running this executeable and uploading the test.txt that will appear in the folder you launch it from?
Here you go.