Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Share your custom plugins and applications to enhance Rainmeter.

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

November 25th, 2013, 3:52 am
.raptor
   [194 posts]

I finally came around to releasing my spotify plugin. This is not supposed to be a plugin that covers everything, this is just to make spotify compete with the rest of the players in the NowPlaying plugin. So playing/pausing etc should be done from NowPlaying.

Types
Playing - 1 or 0
Shuffle - 1 or 0
Repeat - 1 or 0
Volume - 0 to 100
TrackName - string
AlbumName - string
ArtistName - string
These are pretty self explanatory

Length
Length of the track currently playing in seconds

Position
Current song position

Progress
Returns current track progress(between 0 and 1)
If a string meter is specified, it gives the percentage(0 to 100). Number of decimals can be set with the option "Decimal"

Code: Select all

[mProgress]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=Progress
Decimals=2

AlbumArt
For use with the Image meter. Several resolutions available, see below
Res: 60, 85, 120, 300 or 640. Defaults to 300.

Example:

[MeasureCoverArt]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=AlbumArt
Res=300

To specify a default album image, you can specify some extra options for the AlbumArt measure

Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=AlbumArt
Res=300
DefaultPath=#@#Default.png
CoverPath=#@#Cover.png

Paths should work like they do in other Rainmeter meters. In the example above I have the default.jpg in SKIN FOLDER\@Resources\. Remember that Cover.png will be overwritten every album change.

Change log
~8491dls x64, ~1249dls x86
10/03/2015
Added decimals option on progress meter.

27/03/2015
String encoding fixed.

16/08/2015
Various tweaks, updated for new version of Spotify.
1.0.1.0 - 151dls

20/08/2015
Reducing request frequency.
1.1.1.0 - 1253dls

01/09/2015
Dynamic Spotify finder and automatic webhelper restart.
1.2.0.0 - 20dls
1.2.1.0 - 231dls

04/09/2015
Solved compatibility issues with 0.9 version of Spotify.
Added debug mode.
1.2.2.0 - 1156dls

21/09/2015
Added default cover path option. Some stability improvements.
SpotifyPlugin_1.2.3.0.rmskin
(802.8 KiB) Downloaded 18066 times

29/07/2016
Various fixes and optimization.
SpotifyPlugin_1.2.4.1.rmskin
(821.43 KiB) Downloaded 3891 times

21/09/2015
New type options for TrackURI, AlbumURI and ArtistURI!
Attachments
SpotifyPlugin_1.2.5.0.rmskin
(819.63 KiB) Downloaded 13619 times
default.jpg
Last edited by .raptor on September 14th, 2016, 1:16 am, edited 50 times in total.

Re: Spotify Plugin Released!

December 5th, 2013, 7:10 am
.raptor
   [194 posts]

Troubleshooting!

AVG users:
Disable link scanner, as shown in the gif below.
Thanks to benjiman0 for figuring this one out,
and for making such an easy to understand gif of the process.

Long time users:
When I first wrote this plugin, I didn't understand much about how Rainmeter worked. Because of this i asked a lot of users to manually install to their program files folder. This has been causing quite a lot of issues, so you will have to remove it. The correct folder for the plugin is %appdata%\Rainmeter\Plugins\.

Will be expanded after next debugger patch...
Last edited by .raptor on September 20th, 2015, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 5th, 2013, 12:15 pm
sassyvapes
   [2 posts]

Hi, I hope you don't mind me posting on your thread!

I'm very new to Rainmeter (yesterday!) and would really like to use this plugin as I only use Spotify but I have no idea how to edit the text file for Soita for it to work. :???: :confused:

Would you be able to tell me exactly what to edit and where - or point me to a tutorial?

Thanks so much :)

December 5th, 2013, 5:46 pm
.raptor
   [194 posts]

sassyvapes wrote:Hi, I hope you don't mind me posting on your thread!

I'm very new to Rainmeter (yesterday!) and would really like to use this plugin as I only use Spotify but I have no idea how to edit the text file for Soita for it to work. :???: :confused:

Would you be able to tell me exactly what to edit and where - or point me to a tutorial?

Thanks so much :)

Will upload a edited .ini file for you in a few moment, i just have to fix some bugs I've found. ;-)

December 5th, 2013, 6:54 pm
.raptor
   [194 posts]

sassyvapes wrote:Would you be able to tell me exactly what to edit and where - or point me to a tutorial?

Check my updated post above, and download the new version. Then:

• Go to "My Documents/Rainmeter/Skins/Soita
  • Paste the SoitaSpotify.ini file attached to this post.
  • Restart Rainmeter.
  • You can now right click on the skin, go to variants and chose SoitaSpotify.ini

Hope it works out. :thumbup:
Attachments
SoitaSpotify.zip
(1.27 KiB) Downloaded 3943 times

December 5th, 2013, 7:24 pm
sassyvapes
   [2 posts]

Fantastic!

Thank you So much for all your help!

It's mostly working great!

My volume doesn't work though, I can't adjust it up or down via Soita and also the album artwork always flashes back to the first song I played before updating to the next song.

They aren't complaints by any means, just thought I would let you know, I'm not sure if it's a problem at the Spotify end or not, just thought I would give you the heads up!

Again, thanks so much, it's great to have a working Spotify skin! :thumbup: :rosegift:

December 5th, 2013, 7:36 pm
.raptor
   [194 posts]

Thank you so much :bow:

As far as things are now, the volume will be impossible (at least for me). Some day maybe spotify gets a little kinder to us developers, but that day I'm pretty sure the NowPlaying plugin will cover it anyway :p

I will try to fix the flashing of the image. Unfortunately It has to download every time the song changes. It doesn't consume much traffic, but it takes a little time. Check back once in a while, and maybe i have a fix for it someday :D

December 8th, 2013, 11:40 am
Narisha
   [4 posts]

Hi :-)

First of all, I'm new to the forums, but have been using Rainmeter quiet some time now. And as a frequent Spotify user, I always hoped that some day I would be able to show song progress from Spotify in one of the skins I use. Thanks to your excellent work, this wish could come true for me now. However, I tried the Soita.ini you provided as an example, and things didn't go quiet right with that for me.

While the full length of the song is displayed properly, the elapsed time, the progress bar and the progress in % go completely crazy. I have attached a screenshot that demonstrates the shown behavior. Also, here is the HTTP Link to the song that was playing at the time, although the error occurred regardless of the song that was playing:

http://open.spotify.com/track/5loN4iyKSewSMnyYTuKoRV

In case it matters, I'm using the newest version of Rainmeter (3.1 Beta Release (r2187)) on Windows 7 Home Edition x86 (32-bit) along with the newest Version of Spotify. I also made sure that I installed the right version of your Spotify Plugin.

On a side note:

I had an older version (I think it was 3.0, but not 100% sure about that) of Rainmeter installed the first time I testet the plugin. But this version of Rainmeter would immediately crash upon loading your provided Soita.ini and after that Rainmeter wouldn't start again until I removed the SpotifyPlugin.dll from the plugins folder. Updating Rainmeter to the newest version obviously solved that problem.

Again, thank you very much for creating such an awesome plugin. Now if you could help me making it work properly, it would be even more awesome ;-)

Kind regards, Narisha
Attachments

December 9th, 2013, 6:45 am
RexVine
   [2 posts]

Hey There!

Signed up to the forums just to say thank you and great job on the plugin! Everything works great!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

~Rex

December 13th, 2013, 12:40 pm
.raptor
   [194 posts]

RexVine wrote:Hey There!

Signed up to the forums just to say thank you and great job on the plugin! Everything works great!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

~Rex

Thank you :D

Narisha wrote:In case it matters, I'm using the newest version of Rainmeter (3.1 Beta Release (r2187)) on Windows 7 Home Edition x86 (32-bit) along with the newest Version of Spotify. I also made sure that I installed the right version of your Spotify Plugin.

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. :)

When i try the 32 bit version on my laptop now, i cant get it to work at all. I will release a new version as soon as i can. :oops:

Return to “Plugins & Addons”