It is currently December 12th, 2018, 4:13 am

Plugin for HWiNFO

Share your custom plugins and applications to enhance Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Plugin for HWiNFO

jsmorley » March 24th, 2018, 1:24 pm

stangowner wrote: Update: I see you edited your post.....
Understood, but some users struggle with this plugin because it's one of the hardest to configure. Skin authors get a lot of negative feedback and provide a lot of support. We're just trying to streamline that.
For skin authors, not much is changing. The skin will be the same, just following a standard variable naming convention. But they can also just populate the [HWiNFO-Config] section manually, and use the new helper to automate creating the default variables too.
Understood, and on balance it's a good thing. Using HWiNFO with Rainmeter is a tad daunting to skins authors, of any relative skill with Rainmeter in general.
jsmorley
Developer

jsmorley » March 24th, 2018, 1:30 pm

I hope authors take into consideration the fact that if they have a "setup" button in their skin, and the Shared Memory Viewer is opened, the average new user is going to say "What in the name of God is this??!!" and run screaming from the room. ;-)

This saves a ton of copy / paste and in that sense is a really good thing, but I sorta resist that it makes this any easier to understand for a brand-new user.

Still, a step in the right direction.
raiguard

raiguard » March 24th, 2018, 5:11 pm

jsmorley wrote:I hope authors take into consideration the fact that if they have a "setup" button in their skin, and the Shared Memory Viewer is opened, the average new user is going to say "What in the name of God is this??!!" and run screaming from the room. ;-)

This saves a ton of copy / paste and in that sense is a really good thing, but I sorta resist that it makes this any easier to understand for a brand-new user.

Still, a step in the right direction.
I already made a HWiNFO setup tutorial tailored specifically for my suite, you can see it here. I'll just have to update it to use the new tool when it's ready.

My plan is to add a HWINFO configuration button to each gadget's settings skin, with a link to the tutorial right next to it. Hopefully people will think to view the tutorial as well as click the button for configuration.

As for user understanding, 99% of the problems users have (in my experience) is not a misunderstanding of which sensors are which in the SMV - it's them copy/pasting the wrong values from the SMV. Most users are able to find the correct sensor, it's understanding which values to copy that is the hard part, or making a typo when copying. Those problems will be alleviated with this solution.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
stangowner

stangowner » March 24th, 2018, 5:52 pm

jsmorley wrote:I hope authors take into consideration the fact that if they have a "setup" button in their skin, and the Shared Memory Viewer is opened, the average new user is going to say "What in the name of God is this??!!" and run screaming from the room. ;-)
Don't they already do that today? haha
Last edited by stangowner on March 24th, 2018, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stangowner

stangowner » March 24th, 2018, 6:01 pm

raiguard wrote:I already made a HWiNFO setup tutorial tailored specifically for my suite, you can see it here. I'll just have to update it to use the new tool when it's ready.
Hi. You have a typo in this line of the tutorial:
Once this is done, click the refresh icon in the SMV to refresh GPU meter.
You refresh the skin config, not SMV.
raiguard

raiguard » March 24th, 2018, 6:43 pm

stangowner wrote:Hi. You have a typo in this line of the tutorial:
Once this is done, click the refresh icon in the SMV to refresh GPU meter.
You refresh the skin config, not SMV.
Oops, fixed.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
raiguard

raiguard » May 16th, 2018, 1:41 am

So, a bug that I have noticed and would like to report: The HWiNFO plugin will not work properly on more than one user at once. On the first user (to log in) it'll work fine, but on the second, any HWiNFO measures will return with `Plugin: Unable to load "HWiNFO"`. The way to fix it is to close HWiNFO itself on the first user, then restart it on the second user. It should be noted that HWiNFO itself works properly on both users at once.
UnwieldyGamer

Plugin for HWiNFO ,Yes or No status

UnwieldyGamer » August 26th, 2018, 12:57 am

I have been working on a script that posts the yes ot no value for fault and failure, It should be straight forward. I am getting current status of HWiNFO but am not able to get it to get a yes or no status in rainmeter. This is what i get if i take all Ids and put in directly, it is the same as if i put them in the .inc file. Just putting a 0 rather then a Yes or No

With this script

[HWiNFOWDCWD20EZRZDriveFail]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HWiNFO.dll
HWiNFOSensorId=0xf0000100
HWiNFOSensorInstance=0x1
HWiNFOEntryId=0x8000000
HWiNFOType=CurrentValue
MinValue=0
MaxValue=100

[MeterHWiNFOWDCWD20EZRZDriveFailLabel]
Meter=String
X=300
Y=400
Text="Drive Failure:"
MeterStyle=HWiNFOTextStyle

[MeterHWiNFOWDCWD20EZRZDriveDriveFailValue]
Meter=String
MeasureName=HWiNFOWDCWD20EZRZDriveFail
X=1R
Y=0r
Text="%1"
NumOfDecimals=0
MeterStyle=HWiNFOTextStyle
FontColor=#HWiNFOColor2#
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arty_fish

arty_fish » August 28th, 2018, 8:07 am

UnwieldyGamer,

I don't think the plugin is parsing the text, only a numeric value.

So, as a workaround and as it's unnecessary in this instance, replace

Code: Select all

MinValue=0
MaxValue=100
with

Code: Select all

IfCondition=HWiNFOWDCWD20EZRZDriveFail = 0
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MeterHWiNFOWDCWD20EZRZDriveDriveFailValue_DriveFail Text """No"""]
IfFalseAction=[!SetOption MeterHWiNFOWDCWD20EZRZDriveDriveFailValue Text """Yes"""]
on the main measure.