It is currently April 18th, 2024, 1:10 pm

Sublime Text 2 Rainmeter package

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [WIP] Sublime Text 2 Rainmeter package

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Thanks for testing. The darker values are ones that are native to rainmeter while the brighter ones are ones you have defined yourself. If that's confusing I can change it, but I wanted to make a difference between them so you can see if the option name you just typed is a valid Rainmeter option at least in one of all the measures, meters and plugins there are. The values in the Metadata section aren't all highlighted because they are not all defined in the manual, so I forgot them. Is there an exhaustive list of valid options in the Metadata section?
KreAch3R wrote:Judging from the screenshot above, I would say that the faded colors are used for the deprecated keys. And I think Merlin has already posted that, too.
Deprecated stuff is highlighted with an annoying orange background.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
UnforgivenRevival

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

MerlinTheRed wrote:Thanks for testing. The darker values are ones that are native to rainmeter while the brighter ones are ones you have defined yourself. If that's confusing I can change it, but I wanted to make a difference between them so you can see if the option name you just typed is a valid Rainmeter option at least in one of all the measures, meters and plugins there are. The values in the Metadata section aren't all highlighted because they are not all defined in the manual, so I forgot them. Is there an exhaustive list of valid options in the Metadata section?
Deprecated stuff is highlighted with an annoying orange background.

I wasnt sure if there was a reason why they were different colors, But if there is than yes I agree to keep them seperate colors. Maybe even make them completely different colors, like blue/green or something really different. the options I can find for the meta data section is:

Author
Name
Description
Config
Instructions
Version
License
Preview
Variant
And tags.

There might be more but thats all that I can see this second. Half of them Ive never used before. Some might be becoming depreciated terms. The main ones I always use are author, name, description, instructions, version, and preview.
Last edited by UnforgivenRevival on August 12th, 2012, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

MerlinTheRed wrote: Deprecated stuff is highlighted with an annoying orange background.
Nice choice. :)

Then what are we seeing in UnforgivenRevival's screenshot here? Shouldn't "Config, Description, Variant, Preview, etc" be considered "deprecated"?

@Unforgiven: Take a look here for the only necessary keys in metadata.
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
UnforgivenRevival

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

It seems that a few of them were combined, with the "information" section. I think that most of them are depreciated at this point and can have that annoying orange background on most, But I still feel that the developers of rainmeter should have a say in this situation on what is and what isnt depreciated.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

I think they got deprecated when RainBrowser was deprecated. Now the Manage Rainmeter Dialog only displays:
SkinName
Author:
Version:
License:
Information:
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

MerlinTheRed wrote:I think they got deprecated when RainBrowser was deprecated. Now the Manage Rainmeter Dialog only displays:
SkinName
Author:
Version:
License:
Information:
That's correct. Name, Version, Information and License are currently the standard Metadata keys. All others have been deprecated. (Nobody was using them anyway.)

http://rainmeter.net/cms/Skins-Metadata
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

MerlinTheRed wrote: Yeah, I'm aware of that. It's one of the tradeoffs I'd like to have feedback on. Do you like the color highlighting enough to overlook that it is sometimes applied in the wrong places? Or should I go with the more general case and don't highlight what can't be determined without ambiguity?
I think its ok, just thought you can check if its one of the field
  • SolidColor
  • FontColor
  • etc
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Colors are very often defined in custom variables. Only highlighting them if they are on one of those lines won't really help much.

Uploaded another new version, now with completion, code templates and more syntax fixes:
Rainmeter_sublime_003.zip
Type a measure or meter type (string, image, calc, ram) and hit enter.
Builtin variables are also supported. Don't start them with the # though. The autocompleter doesn't like special characters. That's why #@# is obtained by typing "res"

If you upgrade from a previous version, always delete the old files!

Happy Testing
codecomplete_preview.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MerlinTheRed on August 12th, 2012, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I assume the color syntax highlighting can be used without the "autocomplete" stuff? I'm not a fan of autocomplete when working on Rainmeter.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Sure, you can either turn off autocomplete for the current syntax (or globally) or delete all the .sublime-snippet and .sublime-completions files. Might I suggest you at least try it though?