It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:22 pm

RainRez 3.0

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
jsmorley
Developer

RainRez 3.0

Post by jsmorley »

RainRez 3.0
NOTE: Updated to work with and require Rainmeter 2.4 Final or later.

RainRez works in conjunction with the SkinInstaller application which comes with Rainmeter.

This program can be run at all times in the background, and it will monitor your screen resolution and automatically load the Layout you define for any given resolution. RainRez is very small and uses very little memory and almost no CPU.

So you can create a Rainmeter Layout that fits well when your resolution is 1024x768, with all your skins positioned to fit that screen resolution.

You can then create a Layout which fits better if you change your screen resolution to 1280x1024 or some other size.

RainRez will detect when your resolution changes, and restart Rainmeter with the appropiate Layout you define.

First, make sure the value for RainmeterPath under [RainRez] in RainRez.cfg is set to the correct path for where your Rainmeter is installed. This will normally be C:\Program Files\Rainmeter.

Then simply change the RainRez.cfg file to reflect the screen resolutions and Layout names you wish for each resolution under [RainRez].

One really good option is to use RainRez to start Rainmeter when you start up your computer, by replacing the shortcut to Rainmeter.exe in your "Startup" folder with a shortcut to RainRez.exe. When run after your computer starts RainRez will automatically start Rainmeter with the Layout appropriate for the current screen resolution.

This is particularly useful for laptop users, who may restart their computer after plugging in an external monitor or connecting to a projection device.
RainRez.zip
(457.6 KiB) Downloaded 5796 times
jsmorley
Developer

Re: RainRez 3.0

Post by jsmorley »

RainRez has been updated to reflect the changes to where some files are stored in the latest 2.3 Rainmeter version.

RainRez can now be run from any location, both standard and "portable" Rainmeter installs.

If you are a current RainRez user, you can simply use the new RainRez.exe, and add the line RainmeterPath=C:\Program Files\Rainmeter to your existing RainRez.cfg file under [RainRez]. The path should be the location of your Rainmeter installation.

If you are a new RainRez user, simply place RainRez.exe and RainRez.cfg in any location, and edit RainRez.cfg to set RainmeterPath and add the screen resolutions and themes you want to support as described in the first post in this thread.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

This is awesome.
blackXdrAg0n

Post by blackXdrAg0n »

I am currently making a skin for a business environment and do not want users tampering with the settings. Since we use many different resolutions, rainrez seems perfect. However I have run into an issue.

Does anybody know how to hide the RainRez icon in the notification area? I hid the Rainmeter by adding TrayIcon=0 to the .ini file. But after running rainrez, both rainmeter and rainrez appear in the notificaiton area. I tried adding TrayIcon=0 to the RainRez cfg file, but this has no effect. Any help would be great!
Drakal

Post by Drakal »

I serch solution for 3crenn, and adapte theme of numbers of screen i use. But it doesn't work with this plugin, it's take resolution of only one screen.

I use Ultramon for my screen's profiles.
snowlion

Post by snowlion »

I've tried to use Rainrez on a laptop running rainmeter at display res of 1920x1080 but hovering over the rainrez tray icon reveals 1326x746, and cant seem to get a skin to change resolution at all, even after following the instructions in the text file .... any help appreciated please
blackXdrAg0n

Post by blackXdrAg0n »

Does anybody know how to get RainRez to work with the newest version of Rainmeter? I absolutely love this program, however, once I updated rainmeter, it stopped working =(
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

blackXdrAg0n wrote:Does anybody know how to get RainRez to work with the newest version of Rainmeter? I absolutely love this program, however, once I updated rainmeter, it stopped working =(
The RainRez.zip in the first post of this thread has been updated. It will require no changes to your .cfg file or how you use the addon. Just replace the RainRez.exe file you are currently using.

Let me know if it works ok for you.
blackXdrAg0n

Post by blackXdrAg0n »

Thank you for such a speedy reply!!

It works! Thanks a lot!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

blackXdrAg0n wrote:Thank you for such a speedy reply!!

It works! Thanks a lot!
Glad to help.