You could also treat yourself to a new PC... :sly:
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

sea1monkey2

Re: RainGame

Post by sea1monkey2 »

Seahorse wrote:You could also treat yourself to a new PC... :sly:
Don't get me wrong, I HAVE a capable pc. It's one of the ASUS G73 gaming laptop series, best laptops on the market circa early 2011.

It's more a matter of visual convenience.

I have a skin set to "stay topmost", but i also enjoy running things in fullscreen, and it kills immersion to have my weather sitting on top of my games and videos.
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Set them to Position > normal and they are on top of the desktop but under your games? I guess RainGame might help with your laptop if you are short on resources, but it wasn't necessary on my old PC or its replacement.. :D
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

sea1monkey2

Post by sea1monkey2 »

I probably should've mentioned that they are set to topmost so they sit snugly on top of my taskbar :great:
agressor12

Post by agressor12 »

I just download it, and run it, everything fine on the first time, but when i used it after that, it hides rainmeter, yes, but it also hides my destock icons and it just stays like if i were using rainmeter, without rainmeter.
It is a litle weird.
I already had this problem when i used omnimo, wich one has also a program to hide rainmmeter, and the exactly same thing happened.
What is making this bugs?
I will apreaciate replys.
Thanks
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Can't really have anything to do with this addon. All this really does at the end of the day is send a !Quit bang to Rainmeter, then sits there in your system tray and when clicked simply loads Rainmeter and quits itself.

It has nothing to do with desktop icons.
agressor12

Post by agressor12 »

I have solved this problem, i used the program that commes with the omnimo 4, but this time i put it on my start menu, and did properties, and put a key shortcut, now i don't know why is it diferent but it works just fine, i think that the problem wasn't the destock icons disapear, but yes the Omnimo, that while is on hides other icons, maybe the program didn't close properly, so it was keeping the function of make icons disapear, but thanks for your reply.
Sorry my poor english.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

:? Doh! Forget this... adding RainGame folder to the new %APPSDATA% location corrected...

With the latest beta raingame.exe gets into a continuous loop error when intiated:
"Windows cannot find: \..\..\Rainmeter.exe. Make sure you typed..."

It does not close Rainmeter and continually pops up an alert box.

I believe the change of location of the ADDONS folder is the reason, but I am not familiar enough with Autoit to try to correct...

Using:
WinXP SP3
2.3.0 beta r1471 32-bit (Jun 17 2012)
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Documents and Settings\John\Application Data\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\

Thanks for any help when you get time. I love the feature and do not want to go back to an earlier beta just to have this feature work. :(
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote::? Doh! Forget this... adding RainGame folder to the new %APPSDATA% location corrected...

With the latest beta raingame.exe gets into a continuous loop error when intiated:
"Windows cannot find: \..\..\Rainmeter.exe. Make sure you typed..."

It does not close Rainmeter and continually pops up an alert box.

I believe the change of location of the ADDONS folder is the reason, but I am not familiar enough with Autoit to try to correct...

Using:
WinXP SP3
2.3.0 beta r1471 32-bit (Jun 17 2012)
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Documents and Settings\John\Application Data\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\

Thanks for any help when you get time. I love the feature and do not want to go back to an earlier beta just to have this feature work. :(
Get this version and see if it works with the latest Rainmeter ok for you:
RainGame.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AlC

Post by AlC »

I used an edited RainGame.exe, and have the same problem like eclectic-tech.

My Raingame.exe was in the addon folder (#AddonPath#) and it worked. Now clean uninstall and install the new beta.

Now I put it in my "#@#Addons\RainGame.exe" and get the same error like eclectic-tech.
(The Bang is not false, because it happen too when I just click on the .exe)

With your new uploaded version I get still the error.
Rainmeter - You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.