It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:26 pm

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Vetsus

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by Vetsus »

i am using spotify version 1.0.85.259.g4ab01679

what works:
next track
previous track
setting the volume of the player

what doesn't work:
play/pause (i did not verify them separately, but the playpause option does not work)
album art fails to pull
state of the track playing (does not pull whether the track is playing or paused)
artist name
album name
track name
track time
track duration
track progress
repeat
shuffle
volume level

again i didn't verify if play/pause work separately. but seems the plugin for the most part is broken for 2.1.5

i also went back to check 2.0.0, 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.3, 2.1.4 as well.

all of them react the same way on my end with the exception of album art. everything except 2.1.5 can pull DefaultPath for album art while CoverPath is blank. so if you set something to replace cover art if it is nothing, i will display that instead, but 2.1.5 doesn't.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Spotify has stopped supporting the local API. Check back in a few days for an updated version that uses the WebAPI. More info here.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

The good news is at the bottom.
As much fun as this have been I have decided to stop development on this plugin. It has been an uphill battle for quite some time now, and I feel the final nail in the coffin has been set. The LocalApi has been shut down, and I am currently rate-limited from using the WebApi (So it wouldnt be able to handle the amount of traffic we need for real-time info). To be perfectly honest I haven't used Rainmeter actively in a few years, so continuing the development has been 100% for you guys (which I have truly enjoyed :)).

As i have considered other implementations pretty much every time something has broken, I finally decided to dive into the Chromium Embedded Framework that Spotify is built on. Turns out I'm not the first guy to get that idea, and this is where the good news comes in. There is already a working plugin for this. Worked for me with the Monstercat visualizer out of the box.
Download at https://github.com/khanhas/Spicetify.

Thank you for your feedback and help all this time, hope I see you around.
BobbyBoy

Post by BobbyBoy »

Thanks for all the personal time and effort you put into this project, your time was appreciated!
AmarzBar

Post by AmarzBar »

.raptor wrote:The good news is at the bottom.
As much fun as this have been I have decided to stop development on this plugin. It has been an uphill battle for quite some time now, and I feel the final nail in the coffin has been set. The LocalApi has been shut down, and I am currently rate-limited from using the WebApi (So it wouldnt be able to handle the amount of traffic we need for real-time info). To be perfectly honest I haven't used Rainmeter actively in a few years, so continuing the development has been 100% for you guys (which I have truly enjoyed :)).

As i have considered other implementations pretty much every time something has broken, I finally decided to dive into the Chromium Embedded Framework that Spotify is built on. Turns out I'm not the first guy to get that idea, and this is where the good news comes in. There is already a working plugin for this. Worked for me with the Monstercat visualizer out of the box.

What do I do once I have downloaded Spicetify? Please help
khanhas

Post by khanhas »

AmarzBar wrote:What do I do once I have downloaded Spicetify? Please help
Follows there step: https://github.com/khanhas/Spicetify#how-to-use
But before applying, goes to page 2 of Extension section, activate WebNowPlaying Companion and then hit Apply.

NexonG.online

Post by NexonG.online »

khanhas wrote:Follows there step: https://github.com/khanhas/Spicetify#how-to-use
But before applying, goes to page 2 of Extension section, activate WebNowPlaying Companion and then hit Apply.
And what should I do after that?
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

NexonG.online wrote:And what should I do after that?
After that you use WebNowPlaying instead of SpotifyPlugin
in your skin.
SquaredCircle

Post by SquaredCircle »

.raptor wrote:The good news is at the bottom.

Sorry to see you leave this, but it's certainly understandable. Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into this project, especially after you stopped using it yourself.

Quick question about Spicetify. I'm not sure how I did it, but I believe I accidentally deleted my backup of the non-themed Spotify. Whenever I load Spotify, I have the themed client. I'd actually like to go back to just the default. How can I do this?
khanhas

Post by khanhas »

SquaredCircle wrote:Sorry to see you leave this, but it's certainly understandable. Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into this project, especially after you stopped using it yourself.

Quick question about Spicetify. I'm not sure how I did it, but I believe I accidentally deleted my backup of the non-themed Spotify. Whenever I load Spotify, I have the themed client. I'd actually like to go back to just the default. How can I do this?
In left side of the skin, there are Replace Color and Inject CSS option, uncheck them and hit Re-Apply. It should goes back to original UI.