Drag&Drop[V 3.1.3] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, now with even more fancyness!

Share your custom plugins and applications to enhance Rainmeter.

Re: Drag&Drop[V 3.1.3] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, now with even more fancyness!

September 11th, 2017, 8:44 pm
theimmersion
   [45 posts]

Bump Please? Can the plugin author please take a look at the issues im having/found within this plugin? :oops:

Re: Drag&Drop[V 3.1.3] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, now with even more fancyness!

September 13th, 2017, 8:43 am
theAzack9
Developer   [445 posts]

theimmersion wrote:Bump Please? Can the plugin author please take a look at the issues im having/found within this plugin? :oops:

Sorry for not coming back to you earlier...

The current state of the plugin is pretty buggy and i am working on a better version, so i would suggest you waiting until then.
I cannot give any estimation sadly as i have other projects that takes priority currently.

Sorry...

September 13th, 2017, 5:22 pm
theimmersion
   [45 posts]

No problem! I just wanted to know if your aware of the issues and if there are plans to fix it. Because theres no substitude for this plugin, no workaround, no simulating or hacking a drag&drop feature. Only your plugin so far and rainmeter is really lacking that functionality. Well,good luck and hope it will be soon. Not really a patient guy. xD

March 29th, 2018, 1:27 am
kami
   [39 posts]

I'm having issues with one of your example skins: this is one of those you posted to show how the plugin works.

Code: Select all

[DragNDropParent]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop

[DragNDropChild1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop
Parent=DragNDropParent
Bounds=0,0,100,200
Action=Path
OnDropAction=[!Log "You dropped a file in the first child!"]

[DragNDropChild2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop
Parent=DragNDropParent
Bounds=DropMeter2
Action=Path
OnDropAction=[!Log "You dropped a file in the secound child!"]

[DropMeter1]
Meter=Image
W=100
H=200
SolidColor=255,255,255

[DropMeter2]
Meter=Image
X=200
W=100
H=200
SolidColor=255,255,255

When i drag an icon on the "first child" i can see two entries in the log: the first one is saying i am dropping the icon on the first child but there is also another entry which says that i'm dropping the icon on the second child.
I think there is something wrong with that because if i drag an icon on one meter linked to a specific measure, all the measures which carry any other plugin action defined in the skin will be called. What i mean is calling an action is equivalent to calling all the actions in the same config file...and it just doesn't make sense to me.
It's practically impossible to create different meters with different drop actions (for example one meter with a delete action and another one with a move action, just next to the first meter).
Am i getting anything wrong? How can i have different meters with different actions?

These are the info about my Rainmeter app
4.2.0 beta r3029 64-bit (Feb 8 2018)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (build 16299)

Return to “Plugins & Addons”