It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:16 am

Facebook Feeds

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
smurfier

Facebook Feeds

Post by smurfier »

I don't know if this is the right place for this but here goes.

There have been a couple posts asking how to get Facebook RSS feeds. Go to the following links and click on "RSS" under the Subscription area on the right hand side.

Notifications
Friends posted links
Notes
Use this tool for Events
Use this tool for individual Groups

Fan Pages:
http://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?format=atom10&id=XXXXXXXXXXX
Or, go to that page and click the RSS icon in the Firefox toolbar. This method is preferable since facebook decided to name things instead of always using id numbers in urls.

Friend Status Feed:
Get the notes rss feed and change "friends_notes" to "friends_status".

You can change Facebook rss feeds to atom feeds by changing =rss20 to =atom10.

If i find more I will update this post.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
mrcheese24

Re: Facebook Feeds

Post by mrcheese24 »

What are like the parameters for the login information?
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

You login to facebook, follow the instructions to retrieve your rss or atom feed, then anyone can use it. There are no login parameters.
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

i dont think its possible but does anyone know how to retrieve information from the page source of facebook for example:-

<span class=\"buddy_count_num\"> (<strong>7<\/strong>)<\/span>

the "7" is friends available to chat
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

The problem is that you have to be logged in. You can't do that with webparser.
Witt&Heid

Post by Witt&Heid »

works fine for the friends_posts feed but changing it to friends-status didn't work. any advice?
Cheers
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Witt&Heid wrote:works fine for the friends_posts feed but changing it to friends-status didn't work. any advice?
Cheers
Works fine for me. Did you use a dash instead of an underscore? If so, that is your problem.
Witt&Heid

Post by Witt&Heid »

cheers for getting back to me so quickly. No; that wasn't it (i just managed to misstype the underscore here in the forum)! Have managed to fix it though. Like a fool, I'd taken the feed for friends_posts (instead of friends_notes) and changed it to friends_status. All good now.
Cheers again