It is currently April 16th, 2024, 4:01 pm

Login Screen / layout switcher with included python scripts to generate the skins

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
Yamajac

Login Screen / layout switcher with included python scripts to generate the skins

Post by Yamajac »

Here's a video of it.

Here's the github

I actually made this like 2 and a half years ago but I only recently started using the forum so figured I'd share this skin at least since it's quite nice to have imo.

Setting this skin up is a little bit more complicated than normal skins (a LOT more complicated actually), but there are some python scripts to help with the process. If you aren't familiar with both python and how configs work in rainmeter, then don't get your hopes up too much. I haven't really made it too user-friendly because it's mostly just a personal project.

In config.py you will find a Loaders class and a Users class.

In the Loaders class you set up the different "logins" by creating dicts with the various skins, positions and any bangs that need to be run as you login.

In the Users class you set up the different users by creating dicts with the loader they run, a password (False for no password) and the user image.

Then you run GenUserSelectors.py, GenUserPictures.py and GenLoaders.py, in whichever order you want but they all have to be run. (This bit requires a python installation, not sure exactly what versions are supported but 3.7.4 is what I use)

GenUserSelectors.py generates the base login screen skin user selector skin that shows the images and usernames.

GenUserPictures.py generates the password input skin.

GenLoaders.py will put all of the different loader/unloader skins in the Loaders folder, you need to move those skins to where you said the loaders would be found in the Loaders class.

It's a little complicated, but it's quite nice to have for switching between layouts in a simple fashion. This far outperforms the default rainmeter layout switcher in many use cases, but the tradeoff is that it is disproportionately more complicated to set up. So hey, just another option.