It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 4:23 pm

ScrollMenu-Proof Of Concept

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
CybOrSpasm

ScrollMenu-Proof Of Concept

Post by CybOrSpasm »

(@eclectic-tech this is the functionality I was shooting for in this post:http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14143. You said to share, so here it is. };])

The title here is a bit misleading, as nothing in the skin actually "scrolls" (until we get a compatable filelist.dll). What it does, is give a set of multiple menus that can be used to show folders, launch programs or games etc. The menus can be "scrolled" through with your mouse wheel backwards or forwards. This function can actually be changed to a LeftMouseUpAction= or any of the other mouse actions with ease, I just like the ability to scroll through them. Additional menus can be added as needed.

Thank you Kaelri for pointing me in the right direction with this!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ScrollMenu-Proof Of Concept

Post by eclectic-tech »

Thanks for sharing!

I used Kaelri's variable update routine in the I-Radio skin to "scroll" through all supported NowPlaying plugins and set the interface automatically... great tip, Thanks Kaelri!

I will spend some time tomorrow looking closer at your inc swapping... looks interesting.

I am about halfway through re-coding the playlist for an updated I-Radio. I'm using WebParser to parse a generated text playlist, then a batch or vb script (haven't decided) to update when any playlist are added/deleted. Might get it working in a few days :x

Can't wait for tomorrow update to see what the Dev Team cooked up! ... FileList Plugin? :lol:
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Damn, putting an interface on a music player skin that lets you change the music player to control right there is an idea I should have come up with!
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
CybOrSpasm

Post by CybOrSpasm »

eclectic-tech wrote:Thanks for sharing!

I ...days :x

Can't wait for tomorrow update to see what the Dev Team cooked up! ... FileList Plugin? :lol:
I was hoping, but doesn't look like it...}:[
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

CybOrSpasm wrote: I was hoping, but doesn't look like it...}:[
I don't think a re-imaging of FileList is in the near-term cards. There are some serious issues with it other than this thing with scrolling that you guys have found. There is a bigger problem with it crashing Rainmeter if you point it at a folder with a lot of files and folders in it. That is going to take some serious thought and work to solve, and it is just not at the top of our priority list in any case.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jsmorley wrote:I don't think a re-imaging of FileList is in the near-term cards. There are some serious issues with it other than this thing with scrolling that you guys have found. There is a bigger problem with it crashing Rainmeter if you point it at a folder with a lot of files and folders in it. That is going to take some serious thought and work to solve, and it is just not at the top of our priority list in any case.
Understandable... I can wait for a better plugin.

In the meantime, I almost finished re-working I-Radio using WebParser, was doing some "break tests" and saw the update...
Now I'll definitely have to add mousewheel for scrolling (no need to click, excellent!).

Thanks for your help!