It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 10:30 pm

Shutdown in ...

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
AlC

Shutdown in ...

Post by AlC »

Hey guys,

this is just a little skin that I wrote this week. It counts down to 0, like a Countdown :)
It has 4 modes, Shutdown, Standby, Restart or Log Off.

How to Use it ?

- Double left mouse click on "Shutdown/Standby/Restart/Log Off" to change the mode.
- Single left mouse click on "in" to start the countdown time.
- Single right mouse click on "in" to stop the CountDown.

Variables for FontSize,-Face and -Color are in the UserVariables.inc file

If you want to change the font and/or fontsize, you probably have to edit the X's and Y's of the "CountDown Display" meters.

smurfier for his bonus lesson in his "Creating Independent Counters" post in the Rainmeter forum.
Kaelri for his little Lua help.

The wallpaper in the preview image is from here.

;------------------------------
ChangeLog:
v1.1
- now refresh-proofed
- added Font shadow
- changed preview image
Last edited by AlC on August 31st, 2012, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rainmeter - You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
KreAch3R

Re: Shutdown in ...

Post by KreAch3R »

I am always amazed when I find out how many ways they are to approach the same thing. Rainmeter freedom is limitless. I do pretty much the same thing, but everything is different (idea, lua, code)!

I really liked what you did with the countdown (appearing only when set), the way you enter your countdown time, plus the fonts are very nice.
When I was building my version, I thought that there might be a problem with sending the command when the time is over, because when the skin is refreshed (say, due to a !RefreshAll bang) the command won't be sent unless the user re-enters the time. Shutdown.exe can accept seconds as a parameter, so I went that way and set the shutdown command upfront.

On the nit-picky ones, I would recommend a background or a StringEffect, because when the skin loaded I couldn't see it because of my dark wallpaper. When I saw the preview, I thought that would be its background, and I really liked it. :)
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
AlC

Post by AlC »

First, thanks! :)
KreAch3R wrote:I am always amazed when I find out how many ways they are to approach the same thing.
And I have the same skin without Lua, only Rainmeter and some Calcs, but I had a really little cosmetics error in it.
KreAch3R wrote:... the command won't be sent unless the user re-enters the time.
I'm inquiring, how did you solved that problem? Maybe so ...

WholeTime = #InputHour#*3600+#InputMinutes#*60+#InputSeconds#
shutdown -s -t #WholeTime#
and with !WriteKeyValue I can "save" the time. You are not stupid ;-)
KreAch3R wrote:On the nit-picky ones, I would recommend a background or a StringEffect, because when the skin loaded I couldn't see it because of my dark wallpaper. When I saw the preview, I thought that would be its background, and I really liked it. :)
Yep I will add StringEffect=SHADOW, thanks. I should mention it better in the Description with the fontcolor on dark wallpapers.
I like it when this skin has no background, so it matches on every desktop (especially because of the . . . and the don't displayed time) and with that font it look a little bit "noble".
And yes I'll change the preview, it looks like the complete frame is the skin ...
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

AlC wrote: WholeTime = #InputHour#*3600+#InputMinutes#*60+#InputSeconds#
shutdown -s -t #WholeTime#
and with !WriteKeyValue I can "save" the time. You are not stupid ;-)
Yes, I suppose that would work. :) You are not, either. ;)
AlC wrote: Yep I will add StringEffect=SHADOW, thanks. I should mention it better in the Description with the fontcolor on dark wallpapers.
I like it when this skin has no background, so it matches on every desktop (especially because of the . . . and the don't displayed time) and with that font it look a little bit "noble".
And yes I'll change the preview, it looks like the complete frame is the skin ...
I am also in favor of skins that match any background. After tests, I found that using these settings doesn't affect the result I wanted in the first place, but makes the difference if the colors (wallpaper and fontcolor) are very similar:
; When FontColor = Black-ish
StringEffect=SHADOW
FontEffectColor=FFFFFF55

; When FontColor = White-ish
StringEffect=SHADOW
FontEffectColor=00000055
Try them to see what I mean. :)

Desktop DeviartArt
AlC

Post by AlC »

Updated to v1.1

It's now refresh-proofed. :)

For KreAch3R: How I realized it (short version):

I done it completely different now. First I saved the last values of Hour, Minute and Second with Lua. Thanks Kaelri!
if (cHour ~= LastHour) then
LastHour = cHour
SKIN:Bang('!WriteKeyValue Variables RefreshHour '..LastHour..'')
end

if (cMinutes ~= LastMinute) then
LastMinute = cMinutes
SKIN:Bang('!WriteKeyValue Variables RefreshMinute '..LastMinute..'')
end

if (cSeconds ~= LastSecond) then
LastSecond = cSeconds
SKIN:Bang('!WriteKeyValue Variables RefreshSecond '..LastSecond..'')
end
Now after a refresh I check if RefreshHour/Minute/Second is not 0. Then I set MaxHours/Minutes/Seconds in Lua and start the script.
[mCheckRefresh]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(#RefreshHour#<>0)||(#RefreshMinute#<>0)||(#RefreshSecond#<>0)
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=[!CommandMeasure mScript "GetRefreshNumbers()"][!CommandMeasure "mInput" "ExecuteBatch 8-12"]
UpdateDivider=-1
DynamicVariables=1

function GetRefreshNumbers()
local RefreshHour = SKIN:GetVariable('RefreshHour')
local RefreshMinute = SKIN:GetVariable('RefreshMinute')
local RefreshSecond = SKIN:GetVariable('RefreshSecond')

MaxHours = RefreshHour
MaxMinutes = RefreshMinute
MaxSeconds = RefreshSecond
end
And of course it's important to set everything to 0 after it's done or you stopped the countdown.
OnCloseAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables RefreshHour 0][!WriteKeyValue Variables RefreshMinute 0][!WriteKeyValue Variables RefreshSecond 0]

[in]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=sShutdown
X=10R
Text="in"
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "mInput" "ExecuteBatch 1-12"]
RightMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables RefreshHour 0][!WriteKeyValue Variables RefreshMinute 0][!WriteKeyValue Variables RefreshSecond 0][!Refresh]

if cHour==0 and cMinutes==0 and cSeconds==0 then
SKIN:Bang('!WriteKeyValue Variables RefreshHour 0')
SKIN:Bang('!WriteKeyValue Variables RefreshMinute 0')
SKIN:Bang('!WriteKeyValue Variables RefreshSecond 0')
SKIN:Bang('#Bang1#')
SKIN:Bang('!Refresh')
end
KreAch3R wrote:I am always amazed when I find out how many ways they are to approach the same thing
Me too :)

And thanks for the shadow tipp!

Changed the preview image.

PS: Someone on Deviantart has probably a problem with the skin. He wrote
"spawn Invalid settings file in:"
if someone else has this problem or can explain for what this error stand for, please say it.
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

Very nice. :) I like the new preview, too. It looks better than the previous, and definitely lets you now that the skin is transparent.
AlC wrote: PS: Someone on Deviantart has probably a problem with the skin. He wrote
"spawn Invalid settings file in:"
if someone else has this problem or can explain for what this error stand for, please say it.
I think Merlin also had this problem with one user that reported "Invalid settings file" during the .rmskin installation of one of his skins. I couldn't reproduce it in either cases, though.

Desktop DeviartArt