It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:07 am

RainVersion 1.22

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
Thompson820

Re: RainVersion 1.22

Post by Thompson820 »

2.2 Released:

• WebParser fixed to be compatible with the different HTML on GoogleCode.
    Improved version comparison code.
Last edited by Thompson820 on March 25th, 2013, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Thompson820 wrote:2.2 Released:

• WebParser fixed to be compatible with the different HTML on GoogleCode.
    Improved version comparison code.
This version does not show anything on my screen... your previous version resulted in the "unmatched bracket" error due to RegExp issues.

Because you named your version with the exact same name as the original version (by Kredoc in the first post), yours replaces his on install which I think is using very poor taste. :uhuh:

I would suggest packaging your version with a unique name, so each version and style can exist and they do not erase each other on install.
Thompson820

Post by Thompson820 »

eclectic-tech wrote:This version does not show anything on my screen...
The skin won't show anything if there isn't a new update to install. If you want to be sure it's working check the About section of Rainmeter.
eclectic-tech wrote:Because you named your version with the exact same name as the original version (by Kredoc in the first post), yours replaces his on install which I think is using very poor taste. :uhuh:
Fair point, I actually didn't think about that; as I explained in my earlier post I don't mean to step on any toes. As such I've renamed the skin "RainVersion Update".
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

I downloaded your new version and will give it a try! :thumbup:

I did see it running and looking at your code noticed it would hide meters if it was up-to-date... If the system is up-to-date, it would be good if your skin should indicate that (maybe with a brief popup meter message) before it disappear into the background; just my opinion. :)
Thompson820

Post by Thompson820 »

eclectic-tech wrote:I downloaded your new version and will give it a try! :thumbup:

I did see it running and looking at your code noticed it would hide meters if it was up-to-date... If the system is up-to-date, it would be good if your skin should indicate that (maybe with a brief popup meter message) before it disappear into the background; just my opinion. :)
Thanks for the feedback, definitely something worth looking into.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

MerlinTheRed wrote:The skin seems to have a problem with version numbers that don't have a minor version number. At least I'm getting this error in my log:

Code: Select all

ERROR (00:00:18.595) Calc: Unmatched brackets in [mMinorCheck]
Happen to be re-examining the original RainVersion and experienced the same error.

I modified the RegExp statement by adding \..* to stop reading if it encounters a '.' after the minor version... the skin seems to work and the indexes look normal.
RegExp=(?siU).*<td.*"nowrap">.*<a href="//(.*)".*Rainmeter-(.*)\.(.*)\..*(?(?=\.)(.*)\.)-r(.*)-

As Thompson820 points out these will "Choke" on release candidates but should work for beta releases. To test, I downgraded to r1819beta of Rainmeter and the skins offer me updates... if I have r1827-RC1 or newer, no Update is offered.

Hope this helps MerlinTheRed or others using the original version; Thompson820's RainVersion Update 2.2 does NOT exhibit this error.
Thompson820

Post by Thompson820 »

After a couple of days of coding here's version 2.3.0:
  • Added self-updater
    Fixed version ignore code
    Added no update notification (Based on eclectic-tech's feedback)
    Simplified some code
    Fully commented code
Since the skin now includes a self-updater I can distribute updates and the change log through the skin itself. Regardless, I'm more than happy to continue to receive feedback here.

Plans for the future are pretty limited, I don't think any more features will end up in the skin unless someone suggests something important. My only plans are to replace the placeholder graphics and try to find fixes for the known issues (listed on page 2). I plan to support the skin for as long as there's a need for it to exist however the only updates will likely be compatibility fixes for updates to Rainmeter and/or the HTML on the source sites. As always, if anybody would like to help with the graphics let me know.
Last edited by Thompson820 on March 31st, 2013, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnBurns

Post by JohnBurns »

This initially really confused me with the names being so nearly the same. After I finally sorted that out (and you modified the name a little), I downloaded if from DA. Unfortunately, when trying to install it, SuperAntiSpywre indicates a Trojan in the file and quarantines it without installation. I have posted this on DA also, as I feel it is important to some who might download it and try to install, especially if a Trojan is involved.
Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.870)
44))Realtime: Windows Defender, McAfee Total Access-Total Protection, Malwarebytes, WiseVector, HMP Alert, UAC Highest Level
OnDemand: Adwcleaner, MRT, Emsisoft EEK
Thompson820

Post by Thompson820 »

JohnBurns wrote:This initially really confused me with the names being so nearly the same. After I finally sorted that out (and you modified the name a little), I downloaded if from DA. Unfortunately, when trying to install it, SuperAntiSpywre indicates a Trojan in the file and quarantines it without installation. I have posted this on DA also, as I feel it is important to some who might download it and try to install, especially if a Trojan is involved.
The original RainVersion is on DA, RainVersion Update is not, if a Trojan was detected after a DA download it was the original version.

I just pushed an emergency fix for RainVersion Update, 2.3.1, you can download it through your existing install or grab the .rmskin here. The googlecode page changed again so I've updated the RegExp. This time I think I've got a permanent solution, we shall see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnBurns

Post by JohnBurns »

Not sure what is going on, but I downloaded latest from here - SuperAntiSpyware is showing Trojan when installing -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.870)
44))Realtime: Windows Defender, McAfee Total Access-Total Protection, Malwarebytes, WiseVector, HMP Alert, UAC Highest Level
OnDemand: Adwcleaner, MRT, Emsisoft EEK