It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 8:41 pm

RainVersion 1.22

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
UnforgivenRevival

Re: RainVersion 1.2

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

I can see MANY differences between the source info of yours compared to mine, But I dont spot anything that would cause a problem yet. Still looking.

Edit: Posted before I saw your edit. Will wait for the results :)
KreAch3R

Re: RainVersion 1.2

Post by KreAch3R »

I just uploaded a new version in dA. Try it and tell me. :)
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
UnforgivenRevival

Re: RainVersion 1.21

I just redownloaded and re-installed. Everything seems to be working like it should. It now shows the update meter, Telling me to update.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Looks good to me as well.
UnforgivenRevival

One other thing, clicking the skin brought me to the update r1611, not the newest r1613.
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

I'm glad. At least we solved that.
UnforgivenRevival wrote:One other thing, clicking the skin brought me to the update r1611, not the newest r1613.
That's bad. I parsed the below url, instead of the current one. I fixed it, re-download. :p
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
UnforgivenRevival

Re: RainVersion 1.22

Everything seems to be working now. :p
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

After having used the skin for quite a while, I find it rather useful. Sometimes however I don't want to install a particular update and wait for the next one. Could you implement a possibility to re-set the UPDATE! text and make it appear only when the next version becomes available, even If I don't have the current one installed?
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

The skin seems to have a problem with version numbers that don't have a minor version number. At least I'm getting this error in my log:

Code: Select all

ERROR (00:00:18.595) Calc: Unmatched brackets in [mMinorCheck]
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
Thompson820

Post by Thompson820 »

Before I start this post let me make several disclaimers:
  • I have attempted to contact the original skin author multiple times to no avail.
    I hope I'm not stepping on any toes with this, if the author wants me to pull this I will happily do so as quickly as possible.
    Full credit to the original creator for the concept, initial implementation and especially the AutoIt code.
    This is not a final release but it is something I'd like to get out there for people (especially the original author) to check out.
With that out of the way, I've revamped RainVersion a fair amount to add several key features.
  • New GUI (Current graphics are placeholders at best, bad at worst. Anyone with actual graphical talent please get in contact if you'd like to help.)
    Addition of ChangeLog viewing in the skin.
    Ability to download and install new updates from within the skin.
    Complete internal code redesign.
    Ability to ignore an update. (Based on MerlinTheRed's feedback.)
I have two known issues.
  • A new full release such as 2.4 will throw errors left and right. - This is due to the lack of minor numbers in the update name. I'm unsure if a fix is actually possible for this issue, if it is it will take a little bit of time to implement.
    The ChangeLog WebParser strips most HTML elements out of the ChangeLog but leaves <a href... tags and URLs. - The RegExp needs to be be improved.
Please feel free to view the code, rip it apart and do whatever you like with it. The code which remains from KreAch3R is 99% of the AutoIt code and most of the main WebParser RegExp.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Thompson820 on March 31st, 2013, 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.