It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:44 am

RainVersion 1.22

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
KreAch3R

RainVersion 1.22

Post by KreAch3R »

RainVersion
RainVersion is a simple Rainmeter skin that displays the current installed Rainmeter version. It uses AutoIt to get the executable's version. You can use it when testing for bugs in specific beta revisions, and you want to take a look at the version quickly.
You can also completely change the looks of the skin, and the .au3 is included, if you want to make changes.

Rainmeter 2.4.0 r1598 is required.

Changelog:
  • v1.22: Small RegExp error
  • v1.21: Fixed a problem where only IE logged in users would be notified about the update (thanks to UnforgivenRevival and Kaelri)
    Changed UpdateRate to every 12hours
  • v1.2: Added the ability to check for a new version
  • v1.1: Fixed a problem where the AutoIt .exe wouldn't send the !bangs to the correct config
  • v1.0: Initial Release
P.S: I would really like to see a built-in variable returning the version in the future! :D
Last edited by KreAch3R on August 30th, 2012, 9:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
KreAch3R

Re: RainVersion 1.2

Post by KreAch3R »

Update!: Now RainVersion has the ability to check if a new Rainmeter version is released, and directly link you to the download. It uses Rainmeter's google code page and it's able to identify any change in the version's number, either important (2.2 vs 2.4) or unimportant (revision numbers).

Desktop DeviartArt
UnforgivenRevival

RainVersion

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

I was told to come over here from deviantart about RainVersion not showing updates. There does appear to be 1 error related to this skin. Posted in the attachments.

Edit: the only thing that I manually changed was the update rate. Instead of every 24 hrs, I made it check every 12 hrs. Just tried to change it back to see, With no luck. It never has shown the update since I downloaded.

Edit2: Just did a reinstall from deviantart, With no luck. Still the same error
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KreAch3R

Re: RainVersion

Post by KreAch3R »

What I meant is to post it here, but I guess a moderator/admin can merge the threads. Sorry for the missunderstanding. :)

Back to the skin. I just installed the deviantart version over mine and it works. Did you try restarting rainmeter? Try to connect to the website and parse it using RainRegExp. Does it display correctly?

Desktop DeviartArt
UnforgivenRevival

Sorry for posting in the wrong place. Feel free to move. Yes I have tried exiting and restarting Rainmeter, Thinking the webparser got stuck again, With no luck. This is what RainRegExp shows:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

KreAch3R wrote:What I meant is to post it here, but I guess a moderator/admin can merge the threads.
Done. :)
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

Thanks Kaelri! :)
UnforgivenRevival wrote:Sorry for posting in the wrong place. Feel free to move. Yes I have tried exiting and restarting Rainmeter, Thinking the webparser got stuck again, With no luck.
:confused: :confused: I cannot understand why the website isn't parsed. Using the exactly same strings I get a match:

I can see that RainRegExp is connected to the site successfully, but could you try to load it in your browser?
I don't know what else to propose. Is anyone else having this problem?

Desktop DeviartArt
UnforgivenRevival

I can see everything in my browser. everything loads fine and I am able to see the source page the same as in rainregexp.

I dont understand why its happening either. Im at a complete loss. :confused:
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

I see the same results as UnforgivenRevival. The page may display differently depending on your location - the tags you're trying to match do not exist for us. If you can save a fully copy of the page in RainRegExp and upload it here, we may be able to find a RegExp that will work for all versions (or at the very least, these two) versions of the page.
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

That's odd. Get RainRegExp's version of the website here, or below:
GoogleCodeSource.zip
This is the part that the RegExp searches for:

Code: Select all

onclick="starClick(this, 'Rainmeter-2.4-r1613-beta.exe');"/>

<a href="//rainmeter.googlecode.com/files/Rainmeter-2.4-r1613-beta.exe" 
Maybe it has something to do with the cookies? I'm logged in Google Code everytime I visit, even in IE (due to an Android app requiring authentication); so there must be a cookie.

EDIT: That's it. If I sign out, I get the same results. I will try to fix it now.

Desktop DeviartArt