It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:52 am

uptime record skin

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
cam2625

uptime record skin

Post by cam2625 »

does anyone have an uptime meter that also displays the record uptime? been looking for a while with no luck. thanks
sgtevmckay

Re: uptime record skin

Post by sgtevmckay »

There are a few the will tell you your uptime.

HUD Vision by Mepu instantly comes to mind.

, But a skin that has a record of up time, not that I know of, but if the windows system maintains that information, I do not see why a skin could not be built to your specifications.

I would let others ring in on this as well.

:welcome: to the forum :D
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

I haven't seen a skin that displays the record. But it is however possible to get to know it.
I remember from my days when I used mIRC (using xChat now since I've moved on to more reliable OSs then windows {that would mean Linux}) that you were able to type in "/uptime" and it displayed your current uptime and also your record. --> Uptime: 1d 4h 32m 4s. Record: 67w 3d 59m 2s.
Or something like that. So, the uptime record is able to measure. Don't know if it is stored aotomaticaly or if you need a plugin though...
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
cam2625

Post by cam2625 »

sorry to just now be getting back, been busy with work. i know there are some sidebar gadgets that will give you the uptime record but i would really like one for rainmeter. pretty much all i can do is cut and paste so if someone could come up with one that would be greatly appreciated.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Try to find out where the uptime record is stored and we should be able to tell you how to access it with Rainmeter.
cam2625

Post by cam2625 »

dragonmage wrote:Try to find out where the uptime record is stored and we should be able to tell you how to access it with Rainmeter.

like i said i am not real good with this stuff, but i believe it is stored in the same place as the actual current uptime. sorry if that doesn't help alot
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Please help us to help you. I have no idea where the info is stored but I would ask google "Where is Windows record uptime stored" Then I would dig around through the search results.
cam2625

Post by cam2625 »

ya i know what you are saying. i have been looking around all day, but haven't had any luck. not really sure what i am looking for exactly
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Good luck in your searching :)