It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:00 pm

QuotePlugin refresh directory

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
konio

QuotePlugin refresh directory

Post by konio »

I'd like to display thumblains which I download from web using rss and webparser plugin. Unfortunately quote plugin displays only images which are in selected directory during startup or refresh.

It would be nice if quote plugin could refresh (periodicaly or on demand) info about content of directory.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: QuotePlugin refresh directory

Post by jsmorley »

konio wrote:I'd like to display thumblains which I download from web using rss and webparser plugin. Unfortunately quote plugin displays only images which are in selected directory during startup or refresh.

It would be nice if quote plugin could refresh (periodicaly or on demand) info about content of directory.
Try putting this on the meter that displays the image.

LeftMouseUpAction= !execute [!RainmeterRefresh]
konio

Re: QuotePlugin refresh directory

Post by konio »

jsmorley wrote:Try putting this on the meter that displays the image.

LeftMouseUpAction= !execute [!RainmeterRefresh]
It's not good. Maybe I explain how it works for better understanding:
1. In my skin config file I parse rss message:
a. I'm extracting links to thumblains.
b. I'm downloading these images using webparser plugin - images are downloaded to Rainmeter-cache folder.
2. Using quote plugin I'm trying to display downloaded images.

But...

In my understanding after !RainmeterRefresh bang config file is reloaded and the content of Rainmeter-cache directory is deleted - refreshed quote plugin has an empty list of images to display (even if after a few seconds images appear in selected directory).

I'm no programmer but there is function called ScanFolder in Quote.cpp which is now executed only during module initialization...