It is currently September 21st, 2021, 7:52 am

After start/restart notebook Rainmeter create Updates folder in recycle bin

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
SGvagon

After start/restart notebook Rainmeter create Updates folder in recycle bin

Post by SGvagon »

Hello,

I updated Rainmeter on the latest stable version 4.5.0.3518 (64-bit) , but when I start my laptop or restart system, Rainmeter still creating empty folder named Updates in recycle bin. This happens when I only log off and log on to the system or simply restart Rainmeter manually too. Is it something wrong with this version or something broke in my styles? I am using .sands Rainmeter skin https://www.deviantart.com/oowlcityy/art/sands-255102661 .

Thank you in advance.
Updates in recycle bin.png
I am using Windows 7 PRO x64bit, if that help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SGvagon

Re: After start/restart notebook Rainmeter create Updates folder in recycle bin

Post by SGvagon »

I see, that you Released new version yesterday (4.5.2.3541) , where I don't have this issue anymore. But still this is strange, so I am not locking this threat yet.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

The Updates folder is created only when an new version of Rainmeter has downloaded and is waiting to be installed. Once the new version is installed, that folder is deleted....although it shouldn't show up in your Recycle Bin under normal circumstances (at least on Windows 10, not sure about Windows 7). Either way, this is normal "update" behavior at this time.

It may have happened twice in the past day since we did 2 releases within 1 day. Hopefully that won't happen again.

-Brian
SGvagon

Post by SGvagon »

Brian: Yes, from version (4.5.2.3541) it fixed now on Windows 7 :) . This folder is not showing in recycle bin anymore.