It is currently April 25th, 2024, 8:44 pm

[BUG] Numeric value in the Interface option of Net measures

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [BUG] Numeric value in the Interface option of Net measures

Post by SilverAzide »

Yincognito wrote: August 10th, 2021, 2:42 pm In my view, there should be correlance between the adapter description's SysInfoData and Net measures' Interface. If Rainmeter assign its own numbers to use in SysInfoData, it should keep a "list" of what those numbers translate to in Windows so that the former can be used elsewhere as well. E.g. for me:

Adapter's Name = Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC
Adapter's SysInfoData in ADAPTER_DESCRIPTION = 4
Adapter's Interface in Net measures = 58
Uh... wait a sec, didn't this USED to be correlated? I could have sworn sometime in the past, the SysInfoData number and Net Interface index numbers were the same number. Now it looks like SysInfoData is an index into only the active adapters. Your test skin doesn't even show my (currently turned off) WiFi adapter while Get-NetAdapter shows all the "real" ones.

The SysInfoData index is almost like if you queried Get-NetAdapter, sorted it by ifIndex, filtered to only Status = "Up" and "Disconnected". At least, that's what my machine looks like.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [BUG] Numeric value in the Interface option of Net measures

Post by Yincognito »

SilverAzide wrote: August 10th, 2021, 5:32 pm Uh... wait a sec, didn't this USED to be correlated? I could have sworn sometime in the past, the SysInfoData number and Net Interface index numbers were the same number. Now it looks like SysInfoData is an index into only the active adapters. Your test skin doesn't even show my (currently turned off) WiFi adapter while Get-NetAdapter shows all the "real" ones.

The SysInfoData index is almost like if you queried Get-NetAdapter, sorted it by ifIndex, filtered to only Status = "Up" and "Disconnected". At least, that's what my machine looks like.
Yep, I have the same feeling that they were at one time in the past correlated, but I can't say for sure, it's been a while since then. Regarding what SysInfoData or others yield for me...

Get-NetAdapter -Name * -IncludeHidden:
Get-NetAdapter.jpg
SysInfoData:
0 = Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
1 = Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
2 = VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter
3 = Npcap Loopback Adapter
4 = Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC
5 = Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
6 = Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2

So, for me they are not sorted by ifIndex, some of the Status="Up" are missing and most of the "Disconnected" are too. They are the same as those having a "MACAddress" though (even though the Npcap one is just faking to be "real" - used by Wireshark if I'm not mistaken).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth