It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:22 pm

Button Misbehavior

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
jsmorley
Developer

Button Misbehavior

Post by jsmorley »

There is a small bug in the "button" routines in Rainmeter, having to do with the UP OVER and DOWN states.

If you hover a button you get the OVER state.

If you click a button and release you get the DOWN state for a second, then the OVER state (since you are still hovering) and when you move away the UP state.

This is appropriate behavior.

However,

If you click and HOLD a button, so that you get the DOWN state, and then move away BEFORE releasing the button, it returns to the UP state, but when you hover over it from then on, the OVER state has become the DOWN state and you cannot get the OVER state at all until you click the button normally, then it remembers which state is which correctly again.

You need to find the routines where you are managing the button states, and add code to allow for a "MouseDown" on a button with no "MouseUp" ever happening. You need to treat a "MouseDown/MouseOff" combination the same as "MouseDown/MouseUp", but without causing the action to fire.

This is pretty much a cosmetic issue, as no functionality is harmed, but it's ugly and obvious. I think this should be a fairly easy "low hanging fruit" kind of fix, so I hope we can put it in the queue for the next release.
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Button Misbehavior

Post by dragonmage »

I had noticed that as well, but hadn't gotten around to reporting it.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dragonmage wrote:I had noticed that as well, but hadn't gotten around to reporting it.
Can you cut and paste it into the issues list?
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Yes.