It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:09 am

[BUG?]Escaped CURRENTSECTION variable

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [BUG?]Escaped CURRENTSECTION variable

Post by Yincognito »

Thanks. Nah, this is just unecessarily enlarging the code by adding extra measures. Though I'm ok with complex things in general, in this case I'm looking to simplify things, not complicate them. That's the whole purpose of using a "current section index", of compact Lua/Rainmeter syntax in the implementations, of using a "custom" variable instead of the direct inline Lua syntax, etc.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Yincognito wrote: June 30th, 2021, 3:09 pm Thanks. Nah, this is just unecessarily enlarging the code by adding extra measures. Though I'm ok with complex things in general, in this case I'm looking to simplify things, not complicate them. That's the whole purpose of using a "current section index", of compact Lua/Rainmeter syntax in the implementations, of using a "custom" variable instead of the direct inline Lua syntax, etc.
You missed the point. I said such variables can be used directly in a measure and with a meter using meterstyle instead of variable. Which is the whole purpose of having a common variable.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

death.crafter wrote: June 30th, 2021, 3:16 pm You missed the point. I said such variables can be used directly in a measure and with a meter using meterstyle instead of variable. Which is the whole purpose of having a common variable.
I get the idea, and you're right - all I said is that would require a numbered measure to do it. In other words, the purpose of having a common variable is here to have a measure so you can have that variable. It's like needing a truck in order to drive your car.

Anyway, we could go on with these forever, LMAO. Let's just focus on the code, we might get faster to some answers. ;-)