It is currently April 26th, 2024, 12:42 pm

[Suggestion]Let 'child shapes' retain their 'attribute modifiers' after being combined - Shape Meter

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

[Suggestion]Let 'child shapes' retain their 'attribute modifiers' after being combined - Shape Meter

Post by death.crafter »

When shape meters are combined the child shapes lose their attribute modifiers and acquire them from the parent shape. But it would have been better to let the child shapes retain their attribute modifiers like in the case of transform modifiers. I don't know if it is possible but it's better to have an option.
Hope I made myself clear.
from the Realm of Death
Brian
Developer

Re: [Suggestion]Let 'child shapes' retain their 'attribute modifiers' after being combined - Shape Meter

Post by Brian »

Unfortunately this isn't possible with our current implementation. The shape is "defined" (meaning the shapes are created, combined and transformed) when the meter is updated, then the attributes are added during the rendering of the shape. Rendering to the screen is the most expensive part of Rainmeter, and adding all the extra processing would slow things down somewhat. Plus, I am not even sure drawing related attributes can be done before combining a shape.

-Brian