It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:08 pm

[Suggestion] Rainmeter manager search

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
LizMarr

[Suggestion] Rainmeter manager search

Post by LizMarr »

A way to search the installed skins, active or not, to find a feature I'd like to activate.

I know I have at least one skin with a particular feature, but I'm going to need to look into each skin to find it. I've collected quite a few.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Suggestion] Rainmeter manager search

Post by balala »

LizMarr wrote: May 1st, 2021, 3:07 pm A way to search the installed skins, active or not, to find a feature I'd like to activate.

I know I have at least one skin with a particular feature, but I'm going to need to look into each skin to find it. I've collected quite a few.
Depends on what text editor are you using to edit the codes, but with Notepad++ for instance this can easily be done, with the Search > Find in files command. You have to enter the term you're looking for in the Find what field, *.in? in the Filters field (to limit the search to .ini and .inc files) and the path of the appropriate config or the Skins folder into the Directory field (depending on where would you like to search: in the whole Skins folder or in certain config - much better and quicker, if you know ehere to search).
Since I'm not using Sublime Text I'm not sure if it has some similar capabilities, but I'm almost sure it has.
Notepad on the other hand for sure doesn't have such capabilities.