It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:25 am

Windows 7 - Crash upon Theme change

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
gschoppe
Developer

Re: Windows 7 - Crash upon Theme change

Post by gschoppe »

nero does crash Rainmeter on XP... but I am running a custom visual style on xp, so it might be an interaction involving that... given, i'm only referring to the latest build... however, i've seen nero react badly to other skinned/desktop customization programs in the past, and I do believe it to be a nero issue... the amount of resources it idles at, just to do a fancy skin is ridiculous... I've got to believe that nero has serious issues with its GUI
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

gschoppe wrote:nero does crash Rainmeter on XP... but I am running a custom visual style on xp, so it might be an interaction involving that... given, i'm only referring to the latest build... however, i've seen nero react badly to other skinned/desktop customization programs in the past, and I do believe it to be a nero issue... the amount of resources it idles at, just to do a fancy skin is ridiculous... I've got to believe that nero has serious issues with its GUI
I don't deny that. I like the nero API's that other programs like UltraISO can call if they are present, cause I trust the underlying Nero burning technology. But the app itself is a bloated mess... ;-)
x64_bit

Post by x64_bit »

Hello,

For my, to me he seems to have "resolved" the crash by setting:

"Run to administrator" +
"Compatible mode = Vista"

Windows 7 pro x64 RTM, now if I change my theme, my "weather" is normally revival. Maybe for you too?

sorry for my bad English :roll:
johnleprechaun

Post by johnleprechaun »

Fix by x64_bit confirmed.

Setting Compatibility mode with XP (Service Pack 3) solved the issue for me.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

This is interesting. I have not seen this issue since Beta's before Rainmeter 1.0 RC1
Could this be some sort of code change in teh recent Beta's ???
kenz0
Developer

Post by kenz0 »

sgtevmckay wrote:This is interesting. I have not seen this issue since Beta's before Rainmeter 1.0 RC1
Could this be some sort of code change in teh recent Beta's ???
The behavior of a needless refreshing came to be controlled in fix of r220. So the current various problems related to refreshing+crash might already have been solved substantially by beta r223.