It is currently December 3rd, 2020, 10:18 am

Variables getting overwritten on install even though Variable file added to package installer

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
mpurses

Re: Variables getting overwritten on install even though Variable file added to package installer

Post by mpurses »

SilverAzide wrote: November 8th, 2020, 12:59 am Just curious, something I meant to ask you before. Has your Documents folder (usually C:\Users\<username>\Documents) been redirected to OneDrive? The reason I ask is my company recently did some magic jujitsu group policy crap and remapped my Documents folder to a corporate OneDrive folder. A number of apps I use (not only Rainmeter, but stuff like Visual Studio), completely crashed and burned by doing this. Took me days of remapping away from that folder to get things to function again, including changing Rainmeter's default SkinPath.
Ya everything is mapped to C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive\Documents\Rainmeter. And I agree it's a pain in the ass every time I mess with different back-up/file sync programs. (Google Drive was by far the worst for me with file permission issues).

I just tried moving everything to outside of Onedrive and remapped rainmeter. But it looks like I'm still running into the exact same issues. (I get backup fails too) So I guess Onedrive is not my issue, still could be weird permission issues though.