It is currently September 21st, 2020, 1:36 pm

Feature Suggestion

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
dvo

Re: Feature Suggestion

Post by dvo »

uhm if it's working let me see :P
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: September 15th, 2020, 11:06 am uhm if it's working let me see :P
It's already working, otherwise I would have not said what I said. It's only that for now it's just the video part (no audio) and obviously it's still very very simple. In other words, it's functional, but not yet complete. Personally I would like to make it a collaborative effort, but I'm not sure other experienced folks are interested... :confused:
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: September 15th, 2020, 11:06 am uhm if it's working let me see :P
There are two similar approaches on the matter, one from eclectic-tech and one from me posted in this thread, by the way. For now I recommend eclectic-tech's implementation, as it's more or less fully featured. Mine is a work in progress, and a bit more difficult to pursue due to its complete integration with Rainmeter, aka playing the video by Rainmeter itself through a Bitmap meter, instead of playing in a different window (e.g. ffplay.exe's one). In other words, even though mine is fully integrated, it requires doing more of the playing stuff through the skin code compared to eclectic-tech's one, where ffplay.exe handles entirely the playing process.