It is currently April 16th, 2024, 1:01 pm

Rainmeter didn't work with Window 10 2004

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Hoang Van Hieu

Rainmeter didn't work with Window 10 2004

Post by Hoang Van Hieu »

I updated my laptop to window 10 2004 4 days ago and sadly that Rainmeter didn't work in this Window 10 version.
Neither Rainmeter 4.4 beta and 4.3.1 with Standard Installation work.
But it work with Portable mode.
Can you fix this please
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter didn't work with Window 10 2004

Post by jsmorley »

Hoang Van Hieu wrote: June 28th, 2020, 2:29 am I updated my laptop to window 10 2004 4 days ago and sadly that Rainmeter didn't work in this Window 10 version.
Neither Rainmeter 4.4 beta and 4.3.1 with Standard Installation work.
But it work with Portable mode.
Can you fix this please
I'm not sure what is going on for you. It works fine for me with Windows 10 2004.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

works fine with 20H2 also
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
soyelrafa

Post by soyelrafa »

I have Windows 10 2004 and I'm having a lot of issues, but Rainmeter is working fine. I guess you are having another issue that cause rainmeter stop works...

Well, works fine when the computer works, when all the computer stops works Rainmeter stops too. I will format the next week to see if that solves all the issues... thanks you microsoft :Whistle
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

soyelrafa wrote: June 29th, 2020, 4:42 pm I have Windows 10 2004 and I'm having a lot of issues [...]
Just curious, what kind of issues?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
soyelrafa

Post by soyelrafa »

Yincognito wrote: July 1st, 2020, 12:10 pm Just curious, what kind of issues?
When I start the computer, I have a 50% of probability of DNS service not working, but internet yes. I know this because telegram for example works, but chrome, outlook or spotify doesn't. I also have a bunch of errors on the events viewer about internet. And if this happens, I can't restart nor shutdown the computer using windows. I have to do a restart clicking the button of the computer case.

Second scenario, I have luck and I have internet working perfect. After some time playing (I only see this issue playing Overwatch and Valorant, don't know if happens with other programs to be honest) the computer just hangs. I try to close or open programs, but nothing seems to work. Some programs could close apparently, like valorant or overwatch for example, but they are still open on task manager and never stops. I try to do a screenshot to show the issue but surprise, screenshots didn't work either (I always do screenshots with Win + Shift + S, I don't know if other way works though). So basicly, I try to restart or shutdown the computer, but again it doesn't do anything and I have to do with the button of the computer case.

Those two issues happens all the days, Here I let you a screenshot of part of the log with the critical errors for restarting the computer with the computer button case:
errors.png
By the way, I tried with sfc /scannow and dism but without solution.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

soyelrafa wrote: July 1st, 2020, 4:36 pm When I start the computer, I have a 50% of probability of DNS service not working, but internet yes. I know this because telegram for example works, but chrome, outlook or spotify doesn't. I also have a bunch of errors on the events viewer about internet. And if this happens, I can't restart nor shutdown the computer using windows. I have to do a restart clicking the button of the computer case.

Second scenario, I have luck and I have internet working perfect. After some time playing (I only see this issue playing Overwatch and Valorant, don't know if happens with other programs to be honest) the computer just hangs. I try to close or open programs, but nothing seems to work. Some programs could close apparently, like valorant or overwatch for example, but they are still open on task manager and never stops. I try to do a screenshot to show the issue but surprise, screenshots didn't work either (I always do screenshots with Win + Shift + S, I don't know if other way works though). So basicly, I try to restart or shutdown the computer, but again it doesn't do anything and I have to do with the button of the computer case.

Those two issues happens all the days, Here I let you a screenshot of part of the log with the critical errors for restarting the computer with the computer button case:

errors.png

By the way, I tried with sfc /scannow and dism but without solution.
I see. I was interested in this for when I'll install (if it's bug free and I do) the 2004 version. As far as I can tell, it's not necessarily a Win 10 version problem (even if it's somehow related to Mircrosoft's optional implementation of encrypted DNS over HTTPS, the issues you have go beyond that anyway), but rather a different software issue, like some malware or other stuff preventing you from completing basic tasks like opening or closing programs or the computer. I might be wrong, but that's my impression.
soyelrafa

Post by soyelrafa »

Yincognito wrote: July 1st, 2020, 6:38 pm I see. I was interested in this for when I'll install (if it's bug free and I do) the 2004 version. As far as I can tell, it's not necessarily a Win 10 version problem (even if it's somehow related to Mircrosoft's optional implementation of encrypted DNS over HTTPS, the issues you have go beyond that anyway), but rather a different software issue, like some malware or other stuff preventing you from completing basic tasks like opening or closing programs or the computer. I might be wrong, but that's my impression.
I can't say you are wrong, but I have this issue since the first reboot after installing the update, so I don't think this is a coincidence.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

soyelrafa wrote: July 1st, 2020, 7:00 pm I can't say you are wrong, but I have this issue since the first reboot after installing the update, so I don't think this is a coincidence.
You may be right as well. Personally, I avoid updates like the plague for every software (including Rainmeter), as it's much healthier to install things cleanly - especially in the case of operating systems, where so many things depend on the "underlying layers" the OS is providing.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Well, just to take the contrary viewpoint, I personally update ALL software as soon as there is a release version of it available. I never, ever allow any software to get more than a week or two out of date. I have done this for many years, and have found that in the long-haul, over time, the benefits of staying current far outweigh the very occasional "oops" that some piece of software has with a release.

Of course I allow Windows Update to do its job. To not do so is very akin to being an anti-vaxxer, in every way. Not only is it a really dumb idea for you, but it harms the entire computing ecosystem to allow old, compromised software to stay out there.

I also run this about once a month: https://kcsoftwares.com/?sumo and update absolutely everything that it flags as out of date.

I must say that I do perform a "bare metal" reinstall of Windows probably once a year or so, just to keep the "crud" that accumulates over time from gumming things up. Also, the fact that I have an entire system-mirror backup that is done every single night while I'm asleep makes me more comfortable with updating both Windows, all drivers, and all software without hesitation. The worst that can possible happen is I lose a half-hour while I restore from last night.

1.jpg

To each his own, but I personally have no sympathy with the FUD surrounding Windows versions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.