It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:12 am

[Suggestion] Rotate skin bang/setting?

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Cariboudjan

[Suggestion] Rotate skin bang/setting?

Post by Cariboudjan »

I'd love to see an option to rotate a skin (90, 180, 270 degrees). I'm not sure how feasible this is. Hopefully not something that would be difficult to implement.

But it would be kind of neat to be able to rotate an entire skin and all of its meters with one click or bang.
Jeff

Re: [Suggestion] Rotate skin bang/setting?

Post by Jeff »

Based on the fact that mouse positions still don't work correctly on a meter that had TransformationMatrix applied, only on that I guess they're not gonna make the bang.
The other question is, how will it work? Does it rotate off the config area (TransformationMatrix) or meter area (ImageRotate)?
I don't think it will be hard to rotate from a point/vector, since variables are always dynamic in bangs and there are other methods to get a certain point from a skin. Heck, they made Atan2 only to get the center point of a skin (there is a forum post where js did that if I remember right).
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

We will look into this right after we finish the FAX plugin for Rainmeter...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yes, rotating all meters with TransformationMatrix might be applied, however as said, this has the disadvantage of not modifying the clicking surface, according to the rotation.
Jeff wrote: February 5th, 2020, 2:09 pm The other question is, how will it work? Does it rotate off the config area (TransformationMatrix) or meter area (ImageRotate)?
There is a small problem with the ImageRotate procedure, because it can't be applied to any kind of meter. TransformationMatrix can.