It is currently November 21st, 2019, 10:16 am

Testing some fixes for 4.3.1

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 19743
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Testing some fixes for 4.3.1

jsmorley » September 13th, 2019, 8:56 pm

We have a handful of "bug fixes" we would like to quickly get tested and out in a 4.3.1 release version.
We would like to do that now, before we start any longer-term 4.4 beta cycle.


Get this new 4.3.1 version of Rainmeter here:

https://github.com/rainmeter/rainmeter/releases/download/v4.3.0.3321/Rainmeter-4.3.1.exe

Please test these changes, with a particular eye to any new problems or changed behavior that they might inadvertently cause.


What was changed

1) Fixed the Load Layout combo box in SkinInstaller.
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=31766

2) Fixed a Container issue with relative positioning.
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32444&p=162975

3) Fixed WebParser issue when nested variables were used with a URL option
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31968

4) Corrected an issue when the Lua GetOption() function was used Inline in a Text option that had other static text in it as well.
In Inline Lua:

If you used GetOption() to read the value of an option on the meter, and then had a Text option that has some hard-coded text in it first, followed by the [&InlineLua()] call, that was a crash of Rainmeter every time.

For instance:

Skin:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[Lua]
Measure=Script
ScriptFile=#CURRENTPATH#Test.lua
Disabled=1

[MeterOne]
Meter=String
FontSize=11
FontWeight=400
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Hello World

[MeterTwo]
Meter=String
Y=30
FontSize=11
FontWeight=400
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1
Text=Right now, [&Lua:IsHidden('MeterOne')]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleMeter MeterOne][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

Test.Lua:

Code: Select all

function IsHidden(meterArg)

	meterHandle = SKIN:GetMeter(meterArg)
	
	hiddenState = meterHandle:GetOption('Hidden', '0')
	
	if hiddenState == '1' then
		return meterArg.. ' is Hidden'
	else
		return meterArg.. ' is not Hidden'
	end

end
We don't expect these fixes to cause any problems, but then you never know... We'd like to do a 4.3.1 public release version in the next few days or a week if nothing goes amiss.
User avatar
Jeff
Posts: 74
Joined: September 3rd, 2018, 11:18 am

Re: Rainmeter 4.3.1 "alpha" release

Jeff » September 21st, 2019, 2:59 pm

I tested the bug fixes and everything seems to be working correctly now :D
The Load Layout option on the Skin Installer worked, loads the 2nd layout once you change it in the installer (and also changes the layout that loads inside RMSKIN.ini), new and cool Variables work with URL in WebParser and the LUA example worked
Only strange thing that I encountered is this, but that's about it
Last edited by Jeff on September 21st, 2019, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 19743
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: Rainmeter 4.3.1 "alpha" release

jsmorley » September 21st, 2019, 3:02 pm

Jeff wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 2:59 pm
I tested the bug fixes and everything seems to be working correctly now :D
The Load Layout option on the Skin Installer worked, loads the 2nd layout once you change it in the installer (and also changes the layout inside RMSKIN.ini), new and cool Variables work with URL in WebParser and the LUA example worked
Only strange thing that I encountered is this, but that's about it
Thanks.
User avatar
balala
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 9107
Joined: October 11th, 2010, 6:27 pm
Location: Gheorgheni, Romania

Re: Rainmeter 4.3.1 "alpha" release

balala » September 21st, 2019, 6:25 pm

Sorry for the extreme late reply. When jsmorley posted his request on testing the new version, I spent my holiday and when later I got home, I completely forgot to test it. Just now, after Jeff's reply on this topic, I remembered to test it and now I did.
So same as Jeff, no issues here, excepting that one reported by him. Everything else seems to work well. Obviously I was most interested into the issue which I reported in March (the first in jsmorley's list above) and that one is fixed, being alright. The others are fixed as well, I found no problems to report (as said, excepting the above issue).
Good work and thanks. :thumbup: