It is currently April 20th, 2024, 3:36 am

[Request] Group shapes together without combining them

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
raiguard

[Request] Group shapes together without combining them

Post by raiguard »

Hello. I have a request: I would like to be able to group shape meters together, without actually "combining" them.

To understand why, have a look at this post that I made in the Help: Rainmeter Skins section. I am trying to do two rotations on a non-uniform shape, once around its center, and another around a sky dial. However, because the shape is irregularly shaped, when it does the first rotation, the anchor for the second rotation is thrown off, requiring a lot of complicated math to fix (most of which I still haven't figured out...).

So, to my request: I would like to be able to group the three parts of the moon shape together, essentially turning it into one shape, without combining the attribute modifiers. This way, I could move the entire moon icon as one unit, rather than having to rotate the border, background, and moon limb separately. This would both make the rotation much simpler (I only have to code the rotation once instead of three times), and eliminates the problem of the limb being irregular, since the resulting shape would be perfectly circular.

Is this feasible? Thank you for your time. :thumbup:
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
raiguard

Re: [Request] Group shapes together without combining them

Post by raiguard »

Bump to be noticed. Is this at all feasible? It would solve a lot of headaches for me. :D
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Request] Group shapes together without combining them

Post by SilverAzide »

+1 and a bump, especially in light of this issue: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32423#p162737
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...