It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:44 pm

SHIFT key interferes with click-through meters+

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
kyriakos876

SHIFT key interferes with click-through meters+

Post by kyriakos876 »

Hello,

as the title says, when I hold the SHIFT button on my keyboard and click one a Click-through skin, it behaves like it's not Click-through.
I don't see any mention about this in the documentation, so I'm not sure what to assume... Is this a CTRL-like feature or a "bug"?
If it's the latter, I'm using a dimmer on my screen and I often highlight text holding down the SHIFT key and I think CTRL is enough safety when it comes to messing things up...

On another note,
In both 4.2 and 4.3 documentation, it says here
prev1.jpg
I'm currently using:
Rainmeter 4.3.0.3271 beta (64-bit)
so I'm not sure if it's a 4.2 thing as well, but
I find that to be untrue on 4.3 beta. If I uncheck the "Draggable" setting in the manage window of a skin and attempt to move it holding down CTRL, it won't go anywhere.... Did I understand something wrong in the documentation? :???:

Thanks and Merry Christmas to the believers 🎅🎄
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian
Developer

Re: SHIFT key interferes with click-through meters+

Post by Brian »

There are several places in the code where SHIFT and ALT work the same as holding CTRL. It's not in every case, but it is in some cases. It has been this way since before I joined, and I am unsure as to why it was never documented. We have discussed removing any references to SHIFT and ALT (with exception to selecting multiple skins to drag) a long time ago, but never came to a conclusion as it may effect backwards compatibility.

For now, it will stay....we will let you know if we remove it.

kyriakos876 wrote:On another note,
In both 4.2 and 4.3 documentation, it says here
prev1.jpg
I'm currently using: so I'm not sure if it's a 4.2 thing as well, but
I find that to be untrue on 4.3 beta. If I uncheck the "Draggable" setting in the manage window of a skin and attempt to move it holding down CTRL, it won't go anywhere.... Did I understand something wrong in the documentation? :???:
Hmmm. It seems this might have been broken for quite some time. We will look into it.

-Brian