It is currently April 16th, 2024, 9:48 pm

bug : unexpected docking coordinates at reboot : windows 10

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
trap16

bug : unexpected docking coordinates at reboot : windows 10

Post by trap16 »

Hello,

I would like to report a cosmetic bug, when restarting the computer under windows 10 , if we wait a long time before logging in, the docking coordinates of the rainmeter widgets is not correct.

I'm using a 4k monitor, my widgets are docked on top and right side of the desktop on my normal setup.
When I'm switching on the computer, if i log fast after the logging screen appear, everything is fine.

If i wait a few minutes before logging in, the widgets are all docked at top left of the screen and some below the top -as if the resolution of the monitor was much lower than 4k, lets say 1024x768-

My workaround to solve this is to close/restart rainmeter.

Best regards,
Olivier
kyriakos876

Re: bug : unexpected docking coordinates at reboot : windows 10

Post by kyriakos876 »

trap16 wrote: October 27th, 2018, 5:37 pm Hello,

I would like to report a cosmetic bug, when restarting the computer under windows 10 , if we wait a long time before logging in, the docking coordinates of the rainmeter widgets is not correct.

I'm using a 4k monitor, my widgets are docked on top and right side of the desktop on my normal setup.
When I'm switching on the computer, if i log fast after the logging screen appear, everything is fine.

If i wait a few minutes before logging in, the widgets are all docked at top left of the screen and some below the top -as if the resolution of the monitor was much lower than 4k, lets say 1024x768-

My workaround to solve this is to close/restart rainmeter.

Best regards,
Olivier
Sounds to me like a graphics card driver issue, check if any update is available. How long has this been happening?
Also, I noticed you said "restart", does this only happen only at restart or on regular power-on too?
It could also be a scaling issue. 4k monitors aren't fully optimized with windows 10, even-thought you'd expect after all this time they've been available, there would be better support.
trap16

Re: bug : unexpected docking coordinates at reboot : windows 10

Post by trap16 »

Sorry when i wrote restart I meant regular power on (at least i noticed it only in that scenario).

I tried to reproduce (switching on computer and go sorting my shopping, then came back 5-6 min later to enter my logon credential), this time it didn't failed so it could be quite random (and rare, in 1-2 years it happened like 4-5 times to me).

My understanding is it looks like windows when initialiazing set at some point and temporarly a lower screen resolution, and maybe at this time rainmeter is getting this screen size as final resolution, but it's only a guess.
In any case this is not serious trouble as very rare occurence and easily fixable doing a stop/restart of the app. Just wanted to write a few line about that.

for information my video card is a nvidia gtx1080 and latest drivers are installed.

Best regards,
Olivier