It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:11 pm

[BUG] Clicking the Notification Tray Icon won't maximize the Manage Window

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Jeff

[BUG] Clicking the Notification Tray Icon won't maximize the Manage Window

Post by Jeff »

Title says it all, when you minimize the Manage window and try to maximize it by pressing the icon in the notification tray, the window doesn't maximize.
This is based on the basis that every minimized app (not closed) should get maximized when the notification tray icon is clicked which, surprise surprise, most of them do that. It has to be seen if it's a bug or a design choice.
Been happening since 4.2. Asked a few of my friends and this bug happens on Win 10 as well.

Video link if necessary https://streamable.com/x7pjd

EDIT: Hell yeah, r3253 fixed it
Last edited by Jeff on September 29th, 2018, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: [BUG] Clicking the Notification Tray Icon won't maximize the Manage Window

Post by jsmorley »

Assuming you mean "restore" when you say "maximize", I don't get that behavior.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, clicking the tray icon doesn't restore the window. We might have to check into that.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Although I'm not sure why you would click on the tray icon rather than the minimized window in the taskbar to restore it.

It would be different if we minimized the window to the notification area, but we don't...
Jeff

le bug has arrived

Post by Jeff »

Out of sheer reflex, I always clicked the notification tray icon to restore it... well that before 4.2 (because I'm posting this you can realize I still have that reflex and it's to the point of annoyance) and I do the same for most of the apps that I have there.

Minimizing it to that zone sounds dumb, please don't.

Big kudos if you guys are gonna look into this :D
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

We will take a look at it. Our tray icon is a bit of an odd duck, since it does double duty. It's primary role is to offer the context menus for controlling Rainmeter and running skins, which has nothing to do with restoring any windows. The Manage window is its own thing, which is minimized and restored from the taskbar, not the notification area. What we did add to the tray icon is a default left click action that "runs" a single instance of the Manage window, as sort of a shortcut.

Generally, you only get a restore action done from a tray icon if the application in question minimizes to the tray instead of the taskbar, we don't and won't, do that with Manage.

But it might be possible to have it restore an existing Manage window when clicked, we will look at it.