It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:52 am

Transparency setting blend overlap

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
theimmersion

Transparency setting blend overlap

Post by theimmersion »

Im not even sure if i called the issue correctly, "blend overlap" between skins, sorry. xD
This issue exists on both 4.3 and 4.2 versions, tested on both, Win 10 pro x64 and Win 7 Ult x64.
Since im testing out 4.3, wanted to point out here that setting skins transparency in the rainmeters setting will create some kind of blending overlap.
I tried to google if this issue is recorded somewhere but couldnt find any results.
Its rather annoying for using with, for instance honeycomb, setting transparency on 80%, fade in option for coolness and then placing them close together. The blending overlap is the size of the skins itself and its not bound to meters or measures.
One pic shows honeycomb that uses image meters and images with transparency.
The other pic show the default rainmeter skins that dont use any images.

Hope it can be fixed.
Untitled 2.png
Untitled.png
Unless i missed some option i need to set...
I wonder if using ActionTimer and fading meters on mouse over would create those issues... Will test when i get some more time.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Transparency setting blend overlap

Post by eclectic-tech »

I am not seeing that effect on my system. This may be an issue with your graphics driver.
I tried different transparency and none showed any issue. I did not try 4.2 but would expect it works the same.
shadow.png
Rainmeter 4.3.0.3249 beta (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 1809 64-bit (build 17744) - English (1033)
Path: C:\Rainmeter3249_64bit\
SkinPath: C:\Users\....\Rainmeter\Skins\
SettingsPath: C:\Rainmeter3249_64bit\
IniFile: C:\Rainmeter3249_64bit\Rainmeter.ini

Making sure you have the latest graphic driver may help :???:
theimmersion

Post by theimmersion »

Now that is interesting indeed. Well, it's a really old Toshiba lap top, new drivers aren't rolling out as fast as they used to. :oops: :rofl:
I'll try some older drivers just to see if i can get it to go away just to be 100% sure and mark it as solved.
Thanks!
theimmersion

Post by theimmersion »

The graphical glitches are driver based. Even though i installed the proper driver (at least i think) on my lap-top, it shows the above mentioned glitches while, for instance, the standard driver that windows 7 installs shows no such glitches.

Win7 standard display adapter driver
S VGA.png
The proper driver for the onboard GPU (i think...).
P VGA.png
So, if anyone has issues like these, check the drivers first and try find ones that work.
theimmersion

Post by theimmersion »

BTW,

If you have an old PC or laptop (like me T.T) which, odds are, have drivers that are at this point not maintained anymore and don't want to bother figuring out driver issues etc (ie, keep official manufacturers drivers), you can fix those blending artifacts by changing load order in Rainmeters skin settings. Only downside to this, its on a per-skin-to-skin-basis work. Increments of +1 work perfectly.