It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:59 pm

[bug] The RecycleManager Cannot Count Correctly When Number Substracts

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Setsukka

[bug] The RecycleManager Cannot Count Correctly When Number Substracts

Post by Setsukka »

This bug goes through Rainmeter 3.x to Rainmeter 4.2 Final.

First, I put 1 file into the recycle bin, and then it is shown on the skin that there is one item in the recycle, and it is XXX kb.
Second, I put another file into the recycle bin, and then it is shown that there are two items, and they are XXX kb.
There is no problem above.

But next, I open the recycle bin, and delete one file (there is one file left in the recycle bin).
This time, the number shown on the skin do not change. It is shown that there are still two items, and they are XXX kb. I refresh the skin, but it not work.
In fact, unless there are more files in the recycle or there is no file, the number doesnot change.

I do not know whether it is meant to do this, because most users choose to clear the recycle at once without any file left. But maybe we can add an option to enable this for those who need it.
Last edited by Setsukka on July 16th, 2018, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [bug] The RecycleManager Cannot Count Correctly When Number Substracts

Post by balala »

Setsukka wrote:This bug goes through Rainmeter 3.x to Rainmeter 4.2 Final.

First, I put 1 file into the recycle bin, and then it is shown on the skin that there is one item in the recycle, and it is XXX kb.
Second, I put another file into the recycle bin, and then it is shown that there are two items, and they are XXX kb.
There is no problem above.

But next, I open the recycle bin, and delete one file (there is one file left in the recycle bin).
This time, the number shown on the skin do not change. It is shown that there are still two items, and they are XXX kb. I refresh the skin, but it not work.
In fact, unless there are more files in the recycle or there is no file, the number doesnot change.

I do not know whether it is meant to do this, because most users choose to clear the recycle at once without any file left. But maybe we can add an option to enable this for those who need it.
Something similar had been discussed before: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=91635#p91635
Setsukka

Post by Setsukka »

balala wrote:Something similar had been discussed before: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=91635#p91635
Thank you, I see. So there is no solution until now.
Understand it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Setsukka wrote:Thank you, I see. So there is no solution until now.
Understand it.
It seems there is nothing you can do.