It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:53 pm

help- rainmeter wont start

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Ama

help- rainmeter wont start

Post by Ama »

Hello, I've had rainmeter installed for some time but never got around to using it since I've never gotten it to start- before now. I got a notification saying that there was a new version to be installed, so I did, and to my suprise- it worked! It was the first time It's ever started up for me, so I was excited and downloaded things such as translucent taskbar and audiovisualizer, which both worked by the way. I closed the welcome message after applying the things, and closed rainmeter, but after that I havent been able to start it again? I have no idea how to, and no matter how much I search for answers on how to get it to work again, I cant seem to find any. I'd really appreciate any help I can get, it would be sad if that was the only time I'd ever get to use it.
kyriakos876

Re: help- rainmeter wont start

Post by kyriakos876 »

Ama wrote:Hello, I've had rainmeter installed for some time but never got around to using it since I've never gotten it to start- before now. I got a notification saying that there was a new version to be installed, so I did, and to my suprise- it worked! It was the first time It's ever started up for me, so I was excited and downloaded things such as translucent taskbar and audiovisualizer, which both worked by the way. I closed the welcome message after applying the things, and closed rainmeter, but after that I havent been able to start it again? I have no idea how to, and no matter how much I search for answers on how to get it to work again, I cant seem to find any. I'd really appreciate any help I can get, it would be sad if that was the only time I'd ever get to use it.
Hmmm there's many stuff that could be going on... Maybe provide us with some more information?

-Do you get any error message? If so, what does it say?
-Are you able to see Rainmeter running in the task manager? (Hit CTRL+SHIFT+ESC on your keyboard and check if you can find Rainmeter).
-Where did you install Rainmeter? (If you are not sure, uninstall it and reinstall it without touching any settings on the installation process).
-What windows version are you running? (I suppose that it's windows 10 as you said you a notification, something that only windows 10 has).
-Are you running Rainmeter as an Administrator? If so, try running it normally, or visa-versa.
-Do you have an antivirus? If so, which one?

Answer those and maybe we can approach the issue someway, except from magically guessing what's going on :D :D
jsmorley
Developer

Re: help- rainmeter wont start

Post by jsmorley »

Re-install the latest 4.2 release of Rainmeter from https://www.rainmeter.net, and when you install it, be sure the following checkbox is checked.
1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.