It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:31 pm

[Suggestion] Prevent saved files behind element/skin

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
AoNoLoki

[Suggestion] Prevent saved files behind element/skin

Post by AoNoLoki »

Hi Rainmeter users/dev !

This is actually my first post on the official forum, and I think this option ain't exist, since I can't find any answer on the web

I usually configure Rainmeter as a launcher, with all the icon hidden on the desktop, but at a workplace where I installed it, they're not hidden.

One day someone said "I can't find the file I've just saved on the desktop" and that confused me, since I wasn't able to see it at the first sight. But here's a screenshot of what happened :

With the click-throught on, it's possible to drag it out and place it where it supposed to be

Normally, it's impossible to drag an icon behind an element/skin, so I've tried to find an option to stop this, but it seems like there's no tweak for this case, I've tried to set the skin on desktop or at the bottom, without any changes

Can this be in a future release, am I missing something, or it's just out of control due to how Win10 works ?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: [Suggestion] Prevent saved files behind element/skin

Post by jsmorley »

Icons and shortcuts on the desktop will always be "behind" any skins. That is a function of how Windows controls things.
AoNoLoki

Re: [Suggestion] Prevent saved files behind element/skin

Post by AoNoLoki »

Kinda sad that Win10 ain't got some sort of desktop offset/margin/padding function or a fair way to do it. Just gonna keep this in mind for the next time. However, thanks for the hint and the fast reply ! :17good