It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:48 pm

Rainmeter hangs when clicking

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
soyelrafa

Rainmeter hangs when clicking

Post by soyelrafa »

Hello! Since I am using betas, I found an annoying issue. Some random times, I make a click on a skin (not the same skin all the times) and Rainmeter hangs and I have to force close and reopen again.

I don't know how to replicate, because I don't see nothing common between all the hangs (excepts clicking on a part of the skin that has a Mouse Click Option).

In management console I see:

Event 1002, Applicattion Hang.
The Rainmeter.exe program, version 4.2.0.3064, stopped interacting with Windows and closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance section of Control Panel.
4.2.0 beta r3064 64-bit (May 13 2018) - Spanish (3082)
Windows 10 Pro 1803 64-bit (build 17134) - Spanish (3082)
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
SkinPath: C:\Users\User\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
SettingsPath: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
kyriakos876

Re: Rainmeter hangs when clicking

Post by kyriakos876 »

soyelrafa wrote:Hello! Since I am using betas, I found an annoying issue. Some random times, I make a click on a skin (not the same skin all the times) and Rainmeter hangs and I have to force close and reopen again.

I don't know how to replicate, because I don't see nothing common between all the hangs (excepts clicking on a part of the skin that has a Mouse Click Option).

In management console I see:

Event 1002, Applicattion Hang.
The Rainmeter.exe program, version 4.2.0.3064, stopped interacting with Windows and closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance section of Control Panel.
Could it be that some "clicks" create a loop or interfere with other skins in such a way that would make Rainmeter misbehave? Because I've had this kind of issue before and found out it was an oversight in a part of my code. If you've maybe any changes recently in some skin try reverting those and check if you see that behavior again. Now, if you've had the skins you have now, loaded for a long time and only now notice this, it could be some short of bug indeed.
soyelrafa

Post by soyelrafa »

kyriakos876 wrote:Could it be that some "clicks" create a loop or interfere with other skins in such a way that would make Rainmeter misbehave? Because I've had this kind of issue before and found out it was an oversight in a part of my code. If you've maybe any changes recently in some skin try reverting those and check if you see that behavior again. Now, if you've had the skins you have now, loaded for a long time and only now notice this, it could be some short of bug indeed.
Hello, thanks for your answer. I remember having this issue the day after installing rainmeter beta for first time, however maybe I misremebered and on that time I made changes to a skin too. I will make tests to see if that's the case.
soyelrafa

Post by soyelrafa »

I unload a modified skin and lately Rainmeter hangs again. I downgrade to 4.1 and for the time I am not having the issue...

By the way, I want to share the log of hangs:

EDITION: Well, no hangs at all with 4.1 on those 2 days. I will make a new try with 4.2 beta.
soyelrafa

Post by soyelrafa »

Seems like beta was malinstalled or something like that. After reinstallation no hang until now. Odd.