It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:43 am

[Suggestion] Dynamic reading of $UserInput$

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
aSugarRush

[Suggestion] Dynamic reading of $UserInput$

Post by aSugarRush »

Greetings! I am new to the forum (but not so much using Rainmeter).
I apologize in advance in case my English is not very good, it is not my mother tongue.

I wondered if it would be possible to get rainmeter to read dynamically what is being written in a given input.
This would be very useful for making text predictions or autocomplete.

An example of an application of this (very interesting according to me) would be in the case of a launcher by commands that can suggest (from a list of saved commands) those that coincide with what the user types, as Launchy does.

I guess that's not possible at the moment, and I'm not sure if it's possible at all due to the way rainmeter works with inputs.
Active Colors

Re: [Suggestion] Dynamic reading of $UserInput$

Post by Active Colors »

aSugarRush wrote:Greetings! I am new to the forum (but not so much using Rainmeter).
I apologize in advance in case my English is not very good, it is not my mother tongue.

I wondered if it would be possible to get rainmeter to read dynamically what is being written in a given input.
This would be very useful for making text predictions or autocomplete.

An example of an application of this (very interesting according to me) would be in the case of a launcher by commands that can suggest (from a list of saved commands) those that coincide with what the user types, as Launchy does.

I guess that's not possible at the moment, and I'm not sure if it's possible at all due to the way rainmeter works with inputs.
However currently rainmeter does not support dynamic text input one rainmeter user found a creative way to imitate that. https://agilulfulus.deviantart.com/art/Tabby-2-3-2-703273565
aSugarRush

Re: [Suggestion] Dynamic reading of $UserInput$

Post by aSugarRush »

Active Colors wrote:However currently rainmeter does not support dynamic text input one rainmeter user found a creative way to imitate that. https://agilulfulus.deviantart.com/art/Tabby-2-3-2-703273565
I knew someone would find a way to do it!
Thank you very much, I'm seeing how it works right now (and copying it in a blatant way :sly: )