It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:14 am

Strange mouse scrolling issue

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Virginityrocks

Re: Strange mouse scrolling issue

Post by Virginityrocks »

There are 2 different suite versions... It's also not done yet.

The last button should load the Droptop layout. I'm not sure why it isn't working on your end. It works fine on multiple machines on my end.

Either way, I didn't post here to be critiqued on my suite. Sorry it isn't working for you. It's working for everyone else. I guess I'll solve this problem on my own.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Virginityrocks wrote:There are 2 different suite versions... It's also not done yet.

The last button should load the Droptop layout. I'm not sure why it isn't working on your end. It works fine on multiple machines on my end.

Either way, I didn't post here to be critiqued on my suite. Sorry it isn't working for you. It's working for everyone else. I guess I'll solve this problem on my own.
You have to admit that this is a very complicated suite of skins. :17what

I don't think criticizing was what was intended, simply stating that because there were errors in the log, it makes it difficult to help, and wanted to know if these mattered in creating/solving the issue. :17denial

I installed your latest version 4.01, and went through the setup, and It did load the droptop bar, but it also generated a list of errors in the log, which make it difficult (and frustrating) for anyone to try to understand the methods used, then try to suggest solutions to issues:
droptoperrors.png
As far as I got was to see that the variable 'HighlightSelectedY' does not exist in the toolbar# skins.

I do get the same issue with the mouse scroll not responding until I move off any skin, and back over it. For some reason (and I couldn't see right off why) the sub menu toolbar01.ini does not get focus when first displayed and the mouse moves over it...

I will try to dig in a bit deeper, but may not be able to find an answer for you. :confused:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote:Not this is what you've said before:

On the other hand, payment? I hope you're kidding.
:17angry But even if I do click to support (step 3), at the last step, the Complete installation button doesn't do anything. :17angry
There will be no further support for a "freemium" suite of skins that requires or even asks for payment to unlock features on these forums.

This is nothing personal Virginityrocks, you are a valued member of the community. But there are no exceptions. We don't care if someone wants to profit from making skins, more power to them. Not on these community forums though. It's just not what we are about.

Feel fee to ask for help with Rainmeter or how to get some particular functionality working, but never post a link to that suite here.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Some of the log errors are just minor issues I haven't bothered fixing yet. Others are necessary redundanies that are required, like deactivating a skin that may or may not be active.

HighlightSelectedY is just an uninitialized variable. I guess I was hoping that someone may have had seen this problem before, and might have already found some way to solve it.

I wasn't expecting anyone to dive deep into the code.

But yes, I am releasing my suite on a freemium model. I'm throwing a party and everyone is invited, but it's $5 for the pizza and keg. That's not unreasonable, is it? The entire suite is perfectly usable without upgrading, and the majority of the locked features are purely aesthetic. It's more of a reward for a donation than a purchased product. 100% of the features I'm "selling" are not even features I personally use.

I won't even go into the fact that 100% of the proceeds go toward a $0 profit community organization. But I understand if you don't want to support the suite.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Virginityrocks wrote:Either way, I didn't post here to be critiqued on my suite.
Probably you have misunderstood me. No criticism. But same way as eclectic-tech said, there are a lot of error messages and it's hard for someone who didn't work with your suite to deeply understand what's going on in such circumstances. Sorry, but I can't...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Virginityrocks wrote:HighlightSelectedY is just an uninitialized variable. I guess I was hoping that someone may have had seen this problem before, and might have already found some way to solve it.
"Uninitialized" variables can cause a lot of headaches. But usually it's very simple to solve this kind of issues: "declare" an initial value of the variable in the [Variables] section:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
HighlightSelectedY=0
But looking through the error messages, probably not this is the only "undeclared" variable. Some of the following ones also should have to be declared (however I didn't search for them into all included files, so maybe some of them are declared somewhere): Formula: Syntax error: TaskbarSizeH, TaskbarSizeV, ScreenAreaWidth, Xnum, TopHeight, ScreenAreaHeight and Ynum.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

ScrollingIssue_123.rmskin
(1.01 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Here is another video and an rmskin that just has the test INIs. You can see that this is a rainmeter thing. If there is no space between the two configs, scrolling doesn't register until the cursor hovers over the desktop.

If there is a space between the two configs, there is no issue.

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Virginityrocks wrote:Here is another video and an rmskin that just has the test INIs. You can see that this is a rainmeter thing. If there is no space between the two configs, scrolling doesn't register until the cursor hovers over the desktop.
Yep, it seems you're right. Don't know what to say, probably a developer will be needed here.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Virginityrocks wrote:If there is a space between the two configs, there is no issue.
Yes, because in such cases the mouse is hovered over the desktop when you're passing from one skin to the other.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

This issue has been fixed for the next beta. Thanks for reporting.

[Technical_details]
This bug was introduced when the Drag Groups feature was added. Curiously, the MSDN docs is not very clear was what the proper setting for releasing the raw mouse input for a window.
Link: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms645565(v=vs.85).aspx
MSDN wrote:If RIDEV_REMOVE is set and the hwndTarget member is not set to NULL, then parameter validation will fail.
This makes it sound as if the target window needs to be set to NULL for parameter validation, however, this isn't properly releasing the mouse capture when moving the mouse from 1 window to another window within the same application. Setting the target window to the skin window fixes this (which is what was happening before drag groups).
[/Technical_details]

-Brian